Finding a workable solution to the WebDriverException: Message: ‘chromedriver’ executable needs to be available in the path error can be challenging. This article provides four potential solutions that have been successful for other users.
Each of the solutions is accompanied by a description of the steps necessary to implement it. So keep reading to discover now!
When Did “Webdriverexception: Message: ‘chromedriver’ Executable Needs To Be Available In The Path” Error Occur?
If you’re using a WebDriver to control Chrome, and your system can’t find the “chromedriver” executable, you’ll see an error like this:
WebDriverException: Message: 'chromedriver' executable needs to be available in the path. Please look at http://docs.seleniumhq.org/download/#thirdPartyDrivers and read up at http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/ChromeDriver
This error can occur if:
1. The chromedriver executable isn’t in your system PATH environment variable.
2. Your Python application isn’t running from the same directory as the chromedriver executable.
3. Your Python application tries to run chromedriver from a different directory than where you installed it.
4 Wonderful Solutions For This Error
Finding and downloading the correct WebDriver binary for your operating system and browser can be a time-consuming and challenging process. It can even be impossible in some cases if you don’t have access to the right tools or knowledge.
But there is a solution: webdriver-manager. This open-source tool takes care of all the heavy lifting for you, automatically locating and downloading the latest version of WebDriver for your system and browser.
You can install it with pip:
pip install webdriver-manager
Then, you need to run this command:
from selenium import webdriver from webdriver_manager.chrome import ChromeDriverManager driver = webdriver.Chrome(ChromeDriverManager().install())
To solve the WebDriverException: Message: ‘chromedriver’ executable must be available in the path. You can simply assign a full path for the web driver. You can do this by adding the following code:
browser = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path='F:\Python Script\WebDriver\chromedriver.exe)
Adding a path string is the best way to ensure that your code will run properly on different machines. Simply add the path to the folder that contains your script, and your code will run without any problems.
Here is the command:
driver = webdriver.Chrome(r"F:\Python Script\WebDriver\chromedriver.exe")
You should also use a raw string to prevent potential errors when working with sensitive data. A raw string is a string that is not interpreted by the interpreter, which means that it will not be affected by changes in the environment.
If you want to use the Chrome browser with Selenium on Ubuntu, Debian, or macOS, you first need to install the Chrome driver. Here are step-by-step instructions for how to do that:
First of all, you have to open a terminal window. After that, you can type the following command and press Enter.
Run this command:
sudo apt install chromium-chromedriver
Run this command:
sudo apt install chromium-driver
Run this command:
brew cask install chromedriver
In conclusion, the WebDriverException: Message: ‘chromedriver’ executable needs to be available in the path error can be solved by ensuring that the chromedriver executable is in the system path. We hope you can solve this issue successfully after reading this post. Thanks for reading!
- Top Ways To Create A User-Friendly Online Property Search For Your Real Estate ClientsIf you’re running a real estate business, you’re well aware that pretty much most of the paperwork has become automated and it’s time for you really get an education on what you need to use in terms of technology. This is important to make your online presence and services stand out from the competition. Like […]
- List Education Websites for Students, providing a variety of materials and completely freeEveryone would like to get the highest quality of education in order to fulfill their goals. But the more an institution is of high quality and reputable, the more fees they charge. Students typically leave their education in a state of nil and work blue collar jobs to achieve their primary needs. Additionally, they collect […]
- Simple solution to correct the requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’ RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’)) issue Python is a popular programming language that can be used widely in a lot of applications. Python is also a good choice as a programming language depending on user background and perspective. Because it is used widely and popular, if you find any errors when using Python. It is a common problem, you face the […]
- “[Errno 61] Connection refused” is occurring even, the program is connecting with the port well and the socket is running in the interfaces.If you see the “[Errno 61] Connection refused” issue although you checked the program, port, socket and interfaces. Although your program of Python works well in the server and the client, they are installed at the same device. The local IP from my device is connecting with the clients but this IP is not connected […]
- Description “Return by Reference”.C++ is considered not only as a language of Object Oriented Programming, but also an intermediate level language. It identifies both high and low level languages. It became easy and widely used in computer programs and that is the reason why we should understand the definition and its function as well. Such as Return by […]