We were trying to utilize the pytest module in the virtual environment but encountered ModuleNotFoundError: No module named pytest. Let’s find all of the answers to this problem here in our article. Without further discussion, let’s begin solving the error.
How Does The Error ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pytest’ Occur?
As mentioned earlier, the error occurred when we tried to utilize the pytest package in the virtual environment. The error is as follows.
“ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pytest’”
How To Solve The Error?
If you’re executing Virtual Environment, follow this procedure to resolve the problem. Set up a project folder. Navigate to the project folder. Execute python3 -m venv <name_of_virtualenv>. After that, launch your virtual environment.
For Windows, use \path\to\env\Scripts\activate. While with Posix systems, use the command source /path/to/ENV/bin/activate. Then add pytest into your virtualenv. It should resolve your problem by now.
The procedure to fix the problem is demonstrated as below.
- Establish a project folder
- Go to the project folder
- Execute python3 -m venv <name_of_virtualenv>
- Activate virtualenv
- With Windows, use: \path\to\env\Scripts\activate
- With Posix systems: /path/to/ENV/bin/activate
- Install pytest in the virtualenv
And you may use pytest normally again as your problem has been fixed.
Even after installing the pytest module, the problem may continue. Most likely, you install the pip, but not in a location you can use. Although you may have installed the pip on the platform, the script still cannot identify it. As a result, it cannot install the module in the right directory.
Follow the instructions below to resolve the path issue in Windows.
Step1: Start the command and type python to navigate to the place where you installed it.
Step2: After you’ve opened the Python file, go to the Scripts file and copy the address. Also, ensure that the pip package is present in the directory.
Step 3: In the command window, use the previously copied address and the cd command to access the Scripts folder
Step 4: Execute pip install pytest order to install the module.
Our article has helped you figure out how to fix the ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pytest’. We know that some of these solutions may not be ideal, but they are much better than the error itself.
If you find any questions or concerns about this error or need more help, please type them in the comment section anytime. We are always happy to help.
- Top Ways To Create A User-Friendly Online Property Search For Your Real Estate ClientsIf you’re running a real estate business, you’re well aware that pretty much most of the paperwork has become automated and it’s time for you really get an education on what you need to use in terms of technology. This is important to make your online presence and services stand out from the competition. Like […]
- List Education Websites for Students, providing a variety of materials and completely freeEveryone would like to get the highest quality of education in order to fulfill their goals. But the more an institution is of high quality and reputable, the more fees they charge. Students typically leave their education in a state of nil and work blue collar jobs to achieve their primary needs. Additionally, they collect […]
- Simple solution to correct the requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’ RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’)) issue Python is a popular programming language that can be used widely in a lot of applications. Python is also a good choice as a programming language depending on user background and perspective. Because it is used widely and popular, if you find any errors when using Python. It is a common problem, you face the […]
- “[Errno 61] Connection refused” is occurring even, the program is connecting with the port well and the socket is running in the interfaces.If you see the “[Errno 61] Connection refused” issue although you checked the program, port, socket and interfaces. Although your program of Python works well in the server and the client, they are installed at the same device. The local IP from my device is connecting with the clients but this IP is not connected […]
- Description “Return by Reference”.C++ is considered not only as a language of Object Oriented Programming, but also an intermediate level language. It identifies both high and low level languages. It became easy and widely used in computer programs and that is the reason why we should understand the definition and its function as well. Such as Return by […]