The command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 is a standard error that can occur when trying to install a Python package. This error can be caused by several issues, such as missing dependencies or permissions errors.
To solve this error, you will need to identify the root cause and take corrective action. In this article, we’ll reveal how to do that.
How Did The Error Occur?
If you try to install some modules on your computer using the command “python setup.py egg_info”, you may receive the following error message.
Here is the error: Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in C:\Users\ssc\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-wa7uco0k\unroll\
This error typically occurs when you don’t have permission to write to the folder where the module is being installed. You can try three methods we will introduce in the following sections to fix this. Scroll down now to explore!
3 Amazing Tricks To Solve The command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 Issue
Here are three major solutions to fix the mentioned above error.
A few different things can cause the above error, but upgrading your pip installation is usually the solution.
You need to run the following command in your terminal: python -m pip install –upgrade pip and then try running pip install “your-package-name.” You can complete the command without any errors now.
Another solution is to upgrade setuptools. To do this, you open a terminal and run the following command: pip install setuptools. And that will install the latest version of setuptools into your virtual environment.
To upgrade to the newest version, you can use this content: pip install –upgrade setuptools
Then, make sure you don’t miss a resource module, ez_setup. If so, then you must enter this command:
pip install ez_setup
This will update setuptools and allow you to install packages using pip once again.
Finally, install the package that you are testing:
pip install "your-package-name"
If that doesn’t work, you may need to uninstall setuptools and reinstall it with the -U flag.
In the final solution, we have provided two lines of command that you can run to fix the issues.
easy_install -U setuptools pip install "your-package-name"
Easy_install is a python package installer. It can be used to install setuptools, a tool used to build python packages.
In conclusion, there are a few possible solutions to the command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 error. First, make sure that the Python installation is correct and functioning properly.
Second, check to see if the package you are trying to install is already included in the Python installation. If not, you can either try to find and install the package online or compile it from the source code. Thanks for reading!
- Top Ways To Create A User-Friendly Online Property Search For Your Real Estate ClientsIf you’re running a real estate business, you’re well aware that pretty much most of the paperwork has become automated and it’s time for you really get an education on what you need to use in terms of technology. This is important to make your online presence and services stand out from the competition. Like […]
- List Education Websites for Students, providing a variety of materials and completely freeEveryone would like to get the highest quality of education in order to fulfill their goals. But the more an institution is of high quality and reputable, the more fees they charge. Students typically leave their education in a state of nil and work blue collar jobs to achieve their primary needs. Additionally, they collect […]
- Simple solution to correct the requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’ RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’)) issue Python is a popular programming language that can be used widely in a lot of applications. Python is also a good choice as a programming language depending on user background and perspective. Because it is used widely and popular, if you find any errors when using Python. It is a common problem, you face the […]
- “[Errno 61] Connection refused” is occurring even, the program is connecting with the port well and the socket is running in the interfaces.If you see the “[Errno 61] Connection refused” issue although you checked the program, port, socket and interfaces. Although your program of Python works well in the server and the client, they are installed at the same device. The local IP from my device is connecting with the clients but this IP is not connected […]
- Description “Return by Reference”.C++ is considered not only as a language of Object Oriented Programming, but also an intermediate level language. It identifies both high and low level languages. It became easy and widely used in computer programs and that is the reason why we should understand the definition and its function as well. Such as Return by […]