As a web developer, you might encounter various errors while developing a website that can come in the way of your development. One such problem is CORS request which refers to Cross-Origin Resource Sharing and developers commonly known as “CORS.”
When faced with CORS, you will get an error, “URL scheme must be “http” or “https” for CORS request.” Here, we will discuss the causes and how to resolve the error.
When Did The “Url Scheme Must Be “Http” Or “Https” For Cors Request” Error Appear?
The Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) protocol is a mechanism that allows limited resources on a web page to be requested from another domain.
To ensure that CORS requests are appropriately authorized, the scheme of the requested URL must be “http” or “https.” If the system is something other than “http” or “https,” then you will get the below error while making the request.
The error message can be like this: the URL scheme must be “http” or “https” for CORS request.
The Ultimate Guideline To Fix The Error
Solution 1 is to install a live server. This can be done using an extension for Visual Studio Code, if you are using that, or by using whatever server will work with your environment.
Visual Studio Code allows you to edit a file in a running application using the command: Ctrl + P, E. The server should be restarted when you make changes to the configuration.
Uninstall chrome (or Chromium), and restart the browser with the –disable-web-security argument. We just tested this and confirmed that we can access the contents of an iframe with the src property set to “http://google.com” in a served online page from “localhost.”
Close all instances of Chrome before running the command.
chromium-browser --disable-web-security --user-data-dir="[some directory here]
The browser will pop up a warning asking you to refrain from the same-origin policy when you open it for the first time. From the chromium source: //Do not enforce the “use same origin policy” limitation. (Used by people testing their sites.)
Prior to Chrome 48, users could only use chromium-browser –disable-web-security.
In conclusion, there are two ways to solve the URL scheme: “http” or “https” for CORS request errors. One is to use a proxy server, which will act as an intermediary between the client and the server. Another option is to add the CORS headers manually to the server.
Finally, you can try using a different browser. Each of these ways has its advantages and disadvantages, so you will need to decide which is best for your situation.
- Top Ways To Create A User-Friendly Online Property Search For Your Real Estate ClientsIf you’re running a real estate business, you’re well aware that pretty much most of the paperwork has become automated and it’s time for you really get an education on what you need to use in terms of technology. This is important to make your online presence and services stand out from the competition. Like […]
- List Education Websites for Students, providing a variety of materials and completely freeEveryone would like to get the highest quality of education in order to fulfill their goals. But the more an institution is of high quality and reputable, the more fees they charge. Students typically leave their education in a state of nil and work blue collar jobs to achieve their primary needs. Additionally, they collect […]
- Simple solution to correct the requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’ RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’)) issue Python is a popular programming language that can be used widely in a lot of applications. Python is also a good choice as a programming language depending on user background and perspective. Because it is used widely and popular, if you find any errors when using Python. It is a common problem, you face the […]
- “[Errno 61] Connection refused” is occurring even, the program is connecting with the port well and the socket is running in the interfaces.If you see the “[Errno 61] Connection refused” issue although you checked the program, port, socket and interfaces. Although your program of Python works well in the server and the client, they are installed at the same device. The local IP from my device is connecting with the clients but this IP is not connected […]
- Description “Return by Reference”.C++ is considered not only as a language of Object Oriented Programming, but also an intermediate level language. It identifies both high and low level languages. It became easy and widely used in computer programs and that is the reason why we should understand the definition and its function as well. Such as Return by […]