Python is a well-known programming language in the world. It is famous for its usability and readability.
Nevertheless, there are times when you might run into an error that is difficult to solve. One such error is ImportError: No module named ‘encodings.’ This article will show you how to solve this error.
How Did This Error Occur?
While you are working with Python, a message suddenly appears:
ImportError: No module named 'encodings'
This error happens explicitly when the system cannot find the encoding module. Python’s encoding module is necessary to convert text from one format to another.
The file containing the encoding module has been moved, renamed, or deleted when this error occurs.
You can read our methods in the following sections to fix this error. Keep reading to discover!
2 Amazing Solutions For The ImportError: No module named ‘encodings.’ Issue
The first solution is to remove virtual environment files. To do this, you can read our instructions here.
Step 1: First, we need to identify the location of the virtual environment files. To do this, we can use the “ls” command. We can see that the virtual environment is located in the “/Users/USERNAME/virtualenvs/ENVIRONMENT_NAME/” folder.
Step 2: You need to remove the directory that contains the Python virtual environment files (venv). To do this, run the following command:
rm -rf venv
Step 3: Create a new virtual environment:
virtualenv -p /usr/bin/python3 venv/
Step 4: Run this line: source venv/bin/activate
This command will activate the virtual environment. All the commands will be conducted in the virtual environment.
Step 5: Lastly, you can use the below content to complete the fixing process:
pip install -r requirements.txt
This command will install all the demanded packages for this project.
The second method is to update the PATH value in the environment variables by following the steps below:
Step 1: Open up System Preferences by clicking the Apple logo in the top-left corner of your screen and selecting “System Preferences”.
Step 2: Click on “Advanced” and select the “Environment Variables” button.
Step 3: Under “User Variables”, find the variable named “PATH”. It will have a value that looks something like this: /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin .
Step 4: Add the following to the end of that value, separated by a semicolon (;): /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin.
Step 5. Click “OK” to save your changes
In conclusion, the ImportError: No module named ‘encodings’ error can occur for various reasons. However, you can usually fix the problem quickly by troubleshooting the issue and understanding the underlying cause.
If you continue to deal with this error or cannot fix it on your own, be sure to ask a professor for help.
- Top Ways To Create A User-Friendly Online Property Search For Your Real Estate ClientsIf you’re running a real estate business, you’re well aware that pretty much most of the paperwork has become automated and it’s time for you really get an education on what you need to use in terms of technology. This is important to make your online presence and services stand out from the competition. Like […]
- List Education Websites for Students, providing a variety of materials and completely freeEveryone would like to get the highest quality of education in order to fulfill their goals. But the more an institution is of high quality and reputable, the more fees they charge. Students typically leave their education in a state of nil and work blue collar jobs to achieve their primary needs. Additionally, they collect […]
- Simple solution to correct the requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’ RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’)) issue Python is a popular programming language that can be used widely in a lot of applications. Python is also a good choice as a programming language depending on user background and perspective. Because it is used widely and popular, if you find any errors when using Python. It is a common problem, you face the […]
- “[Errno 61] Connection refused” is occurring even, the program is connecting with the port well and the socket is running in the interfaces.If you see the “[Errno 61] Connection refused” issue although you checked the program, port, socket and interfaces. Although your program of Python works well in the server and the client, they are installed at the same device. The local IP from my device is connecting with the clients but this IP is not connected […]
- Description “Return by Reference”.C++ is considered not only as a language of Object Oriented Programming, but also an intermediate level language. It identifies both high and low level languages. It became easy and widely used in computer programs and that is the reason why we should understand the definition and its function as well. Such as Return by […]