Python users are always on the lookout for a version of Python which is compatible with other packages. This blog will provide you with a step-by-step guide to downgrade Python from 3.8 to 3.7 on your PC.
How Can I Downgrade Python From 3.8 To 3.7?
Use a virtual environment to downgrade Python from 3.8 to 3.7. This allows you to access certain Python versions conveniently. So, here are the steps for using this approach: Open a command terminal and type pip. Set up virtualenv. Next, install the Python version you choose.
Then, on your command prompt, enter the following: virtualenv pathtoenv -p pathtopython install.exe, where pathtopython install.exe specifies your Python version and pathtoenv the path where your virtual environment will exist. Now, run the pathtoenvScriptsactivate.bat command to activation the virtual environment.
Here are the procedures for downgrading Python from 3.8 to 3.7. Firstly, download your desired Python version from the official Python website and install it as a standard package. Next run this code: cd /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Version, followed by ls to show all Python versions installed.
Now, type sudo rm -rf 3.7 to remove the Python version 3.7 you wish to uninstall. After that, execute python3 -v. It will show the version you wish to install. You may downgrade Python from 3.8 to 3.7 by following these instructions.
Option 1: For People Using Windows
If you are using a Windows device, simply follow these steps.
1. Start a command prompt and type pip install virtualenv.
2. Then, install the Python version that you want to use.
3. Next, put this into the command prompt: virtualenv pathtoenv -p pathtopython install.exe, where \path\to\python_install.exe denotes your Python version and \path\to\env specifies the path to the virtual environment.
4. Now, run the pathtoenvScriptsactivate.bat command to activation the virtual environment.
Option 2: For People Using Brew
To downgrade Python from 3.8 to 3.7, utilize the software package management program Homebrew. You may quickly approach certain Python versions with the aid of this.
$ brew unlink python $ brew install --ignore-dependencies https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/e128fa1bce3377de32cbf11bd8e46f7334dfd7a6/Formula/python.rb $ brew switch python 3.7
Option 3: For People Using Linux
Simply try this method.
1. Firstly, download your preferred Python version from the authorized Python website, then install it as a standard package.
2. Now, apply the code: cd /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework
3. Then run ls to get a list of all Python versions that are installed.
4. Then type sudo rm -rf 3.7 to remove the Python version 3.7 that you wish to uninstall.
5. After that, execute python3 -v. It will show you the version you intended to install.
Your Python version has now been updated.
Option 4: For People Using macOS
To downgrade Python from 3.8 to 3.7, use pyenv in conjunction with Homebrew. That will undoubtedly be of assistance to you. Follow these instructions to downgrade the current version.
Firstly, install pyenv
brew install pyenv
Install Python 3.7 after installing pyenv:
pyenv install 3.7
Next, set your environment variable PYENV VERSION to a Python version you prefer to utilize, which in this case is 3.7:
pyenv shell 3.7
Option 5: For People Using Anaconda
If you are using conda, simply execute this command.
conda install python=3.7
Simply execute this code to return to Python 3.8.
conda install python=3.8
We hope you found our blog post on downgrading Python from 3.8 to 3.7 useful. If you have any more questions or concerns about this, please comment. Thank you for taking the time to read; we are always thrilled when one of our posts can provide useful knowledge about this topic!
- Top Ways To Create A User-Friendly Online Property Search For Your Real Estate ClientsIf you’re running a real estate business, you’re well aware that pretty much most of the paperwork has become automated and it’s time for you really get an education on what you need to use in terms of technology. This is important to make your online presence and services stand out from the competition. Like […]
- List Education Websites for Students, providing a variety of materials and completely freeEveryone would like to get the highest quality of education in order to fulfill their goals. But the more an institution is of high quality and reputable, the more fees they charge. Students typically leave their education in a state of nil and work blue collar jobs to achieve their primary needs. Additionally, they collect […]
- Simple solution to correct the requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’ RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’)) issue Python is a popular programming language that can be used widely in a lot of applications. Python is also a good choice as a programming language depending on user background and perspective. Because it is used widely and popular, if you find any errors when using Python. It is a common problem, you face the […]
- “[Errno 61] Connection refused” is occurring even, the program is connecting with the port well and the socket is running in the interfaces.If you see the “[Errno 61] Connection refused” issue although you checked the program, port, socket and interfaces. Although your program of Python works well in the server and the client, they are installed at the same device. The local IP from my device is connecting with the clients but this IP is not connected […]
- Description “Return by Reference”.C++ is considered not only as a language of Object Oriented Programming, but also an intermediate level language. It identifies both high and low level languages. It became easy and widely used in computer programs and that is the reason why we should understand the definition and its function as well. Such as Return by […]