If you are an office worker or a student or you’re just doing any job that requires a computer to work, then surely you must’ve once got into trouble with your wireless mouse. This small malfunction turns out to be a disaster whenever you need your computer for instant work such as presentations or paperwork. So how to overcome the wireless mouse not working Windows 10 issue? Scroll down to find out the solutions!
Why Wireless Mouse Stopped Working Windows 10?
Windows 10 wireless mouse not working is one of the most common problems to any first-time user. To sum up, there are four main reasons as listed below:
- The mouse pointer doesn’t respond to your gesture
- The mouse pointer erratically moves.
- A mouse stopped working after a certain period of use
- Microsoft Windows does not detect the mouse
If this is your first time dealing with this issue, then please don’t worry too much. We will give you four methods which IT experts suggested. You can try each method one by one to find the one that works best for you!
How To Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working Windows 10?
Check Your Hardware, Devices, And Wireless Connection
- First, let’s try to change the battery pack of your mouse. Onn wireless mouse not working possibly caused by low battery, which makes the device respond slower to your gesture.
- Secondly, you can try to connect your mouse receiver with a different port. This port is usually in a thin, rectangular shape which is on the side of a laptop or at the front or the back of this device. Be mindful that this action must be completed before turning the mouse on!
- Unless the two previous steps do not work, you should create a new wireless connection. It is very simple. To be more specific, you just need to unplug your Wireless Receiver for 10 seconds and then put it back in.
- Last but not least, you could try your Mouse with a different computer. If your mouse was not compatible with a different computer brand, you need to contact your manufacturer for more support and consultation.
Disable The Fast Startup Option
A fast startup option could be the main cause of the malfunction of your wireless keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10. Turning off this feature might give the system more time to load all the accessories.
- Double click on the symbol of Control Panel on your screen
- Click on the ‘ Category ‘ button, then choose ‘Large icons.’
- Click on ‘Power and Sleep,’ click on ‘Additional Settings’
- Then, click on ‘Choose what the power button do.’
- Click on the ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’ section, marked by a blue underline.
- Following that, untick on the small box ‘Turn on the fast startup (Recommended).’
- Save changes and Exit.
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take place. As a result, all the drivers will be initialized on the startup now. So the time needed to start your computer will be much longer now.
Unless you need to speed up your computer startup time, you can check the checkbox again.
Reinstall The Wireless Mouse Driver
This option could be a final solution for a Logitech mouse not working Windows 10. However, this is also the safest and fastest idea as your driver can no longer function properly. So why do you still need to keep them by your side?
- First, search on the Search box with the keyword ‘Device Manager.’
- Secondly, click on the Right arrow till you see the ‘Mice and other pointing devices section. Then, you select ‘Update Driver/My Driver Software.’’
- Then you select ‘Browse my Computer for Driver Software.’
- Now, you can either go for both options. However, we recommend you to choose the section ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers from my computer to make the process at ease.
- Un-tick the box for ‘Show compatible software.’ Subsequently, select the Driver you want to uninstall. Then click ‘Next’ to continue.
- On the Update Driver Warning, choose the ‘Yes’ button to install the Driver.
- You need to restart your computer afterward to see the new changes take place. Once your computer has officially been rebooted, go through the process all over again. When you see this window, click on Show compatible software. At this stage, select the right Driver for you and then click Next to install it.
- When the install finishes, update your mouse driver via Device Manager. After that, you can reboot your computer for a second time.
- Finally, check if your mouse is working properly or not.
Update Your Mouse Driver
This is our silver bullet. If you still get into trouble and your mouse can not recover, you probably might use the wrong or outdated wireless mouse driver windows 10. According to our research, there are two ways for you: manual or automatic.
- For Manual driver update: You can go to your Driver’s manufacturer website and search for the most recent version of your Driver, which is compatible with your Windows. Then you can install it by yourself.
- For Automatic Update: It’s very easy. Suppose you don’t have an IT specialty or enough time to install your Driver manually. You can download and install Driver Easy. Then click on the ‘Scan Now’ button. After that, click on the ‘Update’ button and install the correct version of the Driver.
Nevertheless, you can choose the ‘Upgrade all’ button to save up your time remembering the Driver’s name. However, this feature costs a little charge.
- Finally, restart your computer to see if the problem still exists or not.
This is the end of our post! Have you found out your most effective method to solve wireless mouse not working Windows 10? We suggest you check for the cause of the issue before diving into choosing the solution. If the first method did not work out, try the latter one until the problem is fixed!