As Windows users, we probably have trouble with Windows Media Player not working at least once or twice. Let’s dive into this post to seek the best solutions.
Thanks to the significantly increased demand for entertainment, Windows Media Player (WMP) has become viral. However, WMP ‘s users frequently get into trouble with Windows Media Player not working. This post will share common reasons for these errors and suggest the four best ways to cope with them. Let’s get started!
Why is Windows Media Player not Working?
Here are the four most common causes notifying that Windows Media Player will not open.
Windows Media Player not Playing
On the same day, we click on our favorite video on PC, but nothing happens.
The freezing video problem
Windows Media Player Runs as Administrator only
Although your video is downloaded, it suddenly stops while watching. WMP probably only works as an Administrator.
WMP runs as an Administrator only.
WMP Not Responding
If your PC pops up the “Windows Media Player not responding” notification, you should immediately check your WMP.
WMP is not responding.
Windows Media Player Not Opening Windows 10
For the last issue, WMP 12 does not develop Windows 10; as a result, any MP4 and DVD files of Windows Media Player won’t play.
WMP 12 does not work on Windows 10.
How to Fix the Windows Media Player?
If you are encountering one of the four problems mentioned, keep your eye on this post. Here are the solutions to repair Windows MediaPlayer, and don’t forget to practice all steps below orderly.
Reset the Windows Media Player Troubleshooter
1. Type the “Control Panel” on the search box from the taskbar or press the Windows key on the keyboard.
2. Change the view to “Large/Small icons” and click “Troubleshooting.”
3. Go to “Programs,” select “Windows Media Player Library” at the “Media Player” category, and press the “Next” button.
4. Finally, select “Apply this fix” to get WMP back to default settings.
Disable “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service”
1. Access “Control Panel.”
2. Click on the “Administrative Tools” icon and double-click to open “Services.”
3. Scroll down to “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” and double-click on it
4. At the “General” tab, press “Stop” and then “OK” to finish.
Repair Window Media Player via Media Player Codec
1. Search for Media Player Codec Pack, then download the Windows 10/8/7/Vista/2008 package.
Media Player Codec Pack.
2. Follow instructions for the “Media Player Codec Pack” installation.
3. Restart the PC and then recheck “Windows Media Player” by randomly opening a download video.
Reinstall the Windows Media Player
1. Access “Control Panel.”
2. Click on the “Program” option and open the “Programs and Features” icon.
3. Click “Turn Windows features on or off” on your left-hand side.
4. Double-click for “Media Features” expansion and clear the “Window Media Player” checkbox to turn it off. Finally, press “Yes” to remove it.
4. Restart the PC and then turn WMP back on. The WMP has launched automatically by selecting “OK” again.
A significant number of users are facing WMP failure when trying to run WMP on Windows 10. Hopefully, this post will benefit you whenever facing Windows Media Player not working. If none of the three first solutions mentioned can fix WMP, a reinstallation finally considers.
Maybe you are interested in