Needless to say, “headphones not showing up in playback devices” when you connect them to your Windows 10 laptop is a headache. Although this is a common issue, not many people know how to fix this.
How to solve it then? Don’t worry; keep scrolling through our article to find the best solution for Windows 10 headphones not showing up in playback devices.
How To Fix Headphones Not Showing Up In Playback Devices
There are five basic methods to solve “Headphones don’t show up as a playback device.” Make sure that you follow all the steps!
Check The Hardware Problems
Before troubleshooting to find the issues, you could check whether your Windows 10 computer has any hardware problems. More specifically, test both of the headphone jacks whether you have plugged them all in or not because sometimes you may remove them without realization.
If you have plugged them in but still encounter the problem of headphones not showing up windows 10. Try plugging it into your smartphone to check whether it is active or not.
If this method doesn’t work, try on another method below, and you are good to go!
Method 1: Reinstalling The Audio Driver
- Step 1: Click on the Windows button and select device manager.
- Step 2: Choose sound, video, and game controllers in the list.
- Step 3: Right-click on the audio driver and uninstall.
- Step 4: Restart your computer. It will help you install the audio driver to fix the issue.
Method 2: Activating The Stereo Mix
- Step 1: Choose the volume icon on the taskbar.
- Step 2: Select Sounds and visit the recording tab.
- Step 3: Tick all the options: View disabled devices and view disconnected devices.
- Step 4: Activate the Stereo Mix, and you’ve overcome the case of “Headphones not showing up in playback devices windows 10”.
Method 3: Activate Playback Device In The Sound Settings
- Step 1: Select the control panel. In view by, open large icons and click on sound.
- Step 2: A list of playback devices will appear there. If the “headset not showing up windows 10”, look at Show disabled devices and Show disconnected devices.
- Step 3: Activate the headphone by selecting the enable button.
- Step 4: Click Ok and finish.
You could still apply these mentioned ways for headphones not showing up in playback devices windows 7 or windows 10.
Method 4: Uninstalling The Related Sound Software.
- Step 1: In the search button, search appwiz.Cpl.
- Step 2: Navigate Realtek HD Audio driver and uninstall them.
Method 5: Unable The Front Panel Jack Detection
- Step 1: visit Program files, Realtek, audio, and HDA
- Step 2: Choose RAVBg64, and the Realtek HD audio manager appears.
- Step 3: Navigate the folder icon at the top right.
- Step 4: Remove the check of the Front panel jack selection
To sum up, when headphones don’t show up in playback devices windows 10, you need to check the hardware first. If it is not that fault, you could try on the five suggested methods above. Now we bet that you have already known what to do for Windows10 headphones not showing up in playback devices. Choose the method you want and enjoy your music with great headphones.
Maybe you are interested in