If the error called “Xinput1_3.dll is missing Windows 10”, “The program can’t start because Xinput1_3.dll is missing from your computer windows 1” or “The program can’t start becauseXinput1_3 dll is missing Windows 10” pop-up from your window, it’s very likely that your Xinput 1_3.ddl library is missing or corrupted.
If you are opening old games or applications that require old graphics, that might also be the reason why. Let’s jump in to find out how to fix this issue and start running your games and applications!
To put it short, the XINPUT1_3.dll dynamic library file is a component of the DirectX 9 library. While DirectX is updated quite frequently with each new model of Windows – the most recent version of Direct X is already on your software, there are certain applications that require older versions of DirectX to execute the graphics.
Thus we have the most well-known function of the Xinput1_3.dll for Windows 10: it controls your PC’s interface, and therefore is responsible for all graphical applications and video games under Windows.
If you seem to be missing Xinput1_3.dll Windows 10, you should try looking for it on the local drive of your device (laptop or computer) before all else. Most people will spot the file on C:\Windows\System32 on Windows 10 x86 or in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory, and that’s a good and common sign.
After that, you can start running a command prompt (do check if you’re an administrator first), and register the file library. That’s the quickest and most effective way to locate if Xinput1_3 dll is missing Windows 10.
If the pop-up message still says “The program can’t start because Xinput1_3.dll is missing” or “the code execution cannot proceed because xinput1_3.dll was not found”, you might need to consider reinstalling the file library completely, but that’s also quite rare.
The steps to installing Xinput1_3 missing from your device is:
- Download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. Then you can move onto finding the DirectX 9 installer file, which should take up 95Mb. That’s really light when you think about it!
- Start running dxwebsetup.exe and then install DirectX 9. From this point on, you only have to click Next continuously until you can click Finish.
- If all that fails and the file missing message still pops up, you might want to check for your PC’s special specifications of DirectX 9 installer.
Corrupted Microsoft DirectX Files
If you have already done the Xinput1_3.dll download, or have repeated the above three steps countless times, and still receive the notifications, your Xinput1_3.dll file library may have been corrupted. If you still receive “the program can’t start because Xinput1_3.dll is missing from your computer Windows 10.” on your computer, these are the steps you should follow to get rid of this pesky problem:
- Move to the Control Panel and uninstall Microsoft DirectX in the list of programs.
- Start cruising through the steps to uninstall DirectX and initiate a reboot/restart.
- Download the newest version of DirectX installer (as the previous part has detailed how you can do that), this time try doing that directly from the MS Download Centre.
- Double-click on the installer to start the program and use it in your other visual applications.
This is why you need to be careful with what you download online and where you get the file from. Online files may be corrupted or containing viruses and trojans. Sure, it’s easy to type “xinput1_3 dll download windows 10” on your browser and get a random link, but that will not only waste your time, but corrupt the file and your whole PC.
It’s safest to get DirectX and eventually Xinput1_3.dll from direct, reliable and official sources.
Try to Re-Register XINPUT1_3.dll File
Sometimes, the problem lies with the registration status or the method that you applied on the process of booting Xinput1_3.dll. In this case, it’s not that Xinput1_3.dll was not found, it was that the file isn’t registered correctly.
To fix this mishap, you should unregister the file and work your way from there.
- With Administrator privileges, you can open Command Prompt.
- Punch in the command “REGSVR32 –u xinput1_3.dll” to start unregistering the file library.
- Afterwards, punch in “REGSVR32 xinput1_3.dll”to re-register.
- You can now safely close the Command window and initiate restart.
- See if the problem is still there by giving your games and applications a spin!
All in all, problems with Xinput1_3 dll Windows 10 isn’t hard to fix. If you follow all these steps, and still receive such notifications as the lot we’ve listed, you might wanna bring a technician into commission for your PC. We hope that this article was helpful, and thank you for reading!
Maybe you are interested in