Is it true that you want to remove activate windows watermark that has recently appeared on your computer’s home screen? This notorious watermark is very common, especially in computers using Windows 10.
Sometimes, it brings users frustrating experiences such as suddenly popping up during your work or when you’re recording a screen. Read this post, and you will figure out the way to disable activate windows watermark permanently.
What can be done to delete annoying activation messages?
Before we delve into several easy but effective methods to get rid of this irritating problem, let’s see what the “activate windows” watermark is and why it happens. It is an indication that you haven’t activated the copy of your computer’s windows yet when the 90-day trial has expired.
In case you buy an authorized version of Windows 10, you will receive your valid product key provided within the confirmation letter. However, if you don’t purchase your Windows key, you can adhere to these simple steps to delete that unpleasant message.
Method 1: Edit Windows Registry
- First of all, open the Run window by pressing Windows + R on the keyboard.
- In the search area, insert “regedit” then, press the enter button to launch “Registry Editor”. This tool will help modify registry values.
- When the “Registry Editor” interface appears, click on Files > Export and save the backup.
NOTE: If there is any problem with your system, you should import the backup to regain your registry.
- On the Registry Editor, navigate to this path:
- Now, look at the right-hand side of the svsvc file; on the first column, search for “Start” and double click on it.
- In the ‘Value Data’ field, change the default value to 4 and press Enter to save the modification.
- Then, close the pop-up window and reboot your computer.
And you will not see any activate watermark appearing on your PC from now on without using any activate windows 10 watermark remover or cracking tools.
Method 2: Use The Notepad
If the first option doesn’t work, you can follow another method by using Notepad. It helps you remove windows 10 watermark by creating and running a batch file.
- At first, open the Notepad on your PC.
- Copy, then paste these below commands in the Notepad window.
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Now, click on the “file” on the top left corner and choose Save As to save the batch file.
- While saving the file, make sure the extension is “.bat“. You can name it “removewatermark.bat” and select a location to save this batch file on your system. Then, in the Save As Type field, change to the All files and tap on the Save button.
NOTE: The extension “.bat” is crucial.
- Next, go back to the folder that you have just saved the batch file and right-click on it.
- On the menu, tap on Run as administrator to execute it on your PC.
As soon as you execute that batch file on your computer, the activation notification will automatically disappear from your screen. Despite this, this watermark can crop up again after you restart your device.
If so, you should put the batch file on the desktop, and whenever you boot up your PC, you can tap it. Another way is to use Task Scheduler on Windows to set this batch file to run without fail.
Here are some steps to take:
- Type “Task Scheduler” on the search box next to Start Menu.
- Tap on “Task Scheduler” from search results and open it.
- At the Task Scheduler interface, click on “Create Basic Task…” on the Action column at the right.
- Type “Remove Watermark” in the name field then, click on “Next” to continue.
- Now, choose “When the computer starts” to set the frequency of the task, and again, tap on Next.
- Click on “Browse” then, visit the folder where you have stored the file “removewatermark.bat“.
Your device is programmed to automatically run the batch file after finishing the task, disabling the frustrating activate message.
However, if this problem has not been improved, try the next fix, which uses windows 10 remove watermark registry.
Method 3: Use Your Registry
As long as this issue still exists, let’s go for the instructions below to remove activate windows watermark completely from your device.
- Click on the Search box next to the Windows icon and insert “regedit”.
- Then, to get access to the editor, tap on “Registry Editor.”
- Once the Registry Editor pops up, follow this path:
- After you navigate to this location, you’ll see a list of values on the middle column, find PaintDesktopVersion value, and click twice on it.
- Modify the value from “1″ to “0″, and press the OK button to save this modification on your computer.
Finally, close all the programs and reboot your PC, and the problem will be solved once and for all.
We have just revealed three amazing ways to help remove activate windows watermark. Those methods are simple to follow and completely do not affect your system.
Besides these fixes, there are also some cheap tools or software that are provided by the third party claiming to resolve the issue with only one click. However, it would be better if you don’t trust them to prevent potential risks.Hopefully, after reading this post, you have already figured out how to remove windows watermark. And don’t forget to let us know which method works for you! As long as you have any related questions and inquiries or need further information, please contact us. We are all ears!
Maybe you are interested in