a.Ineffective airway clearance related to trachobronchial obstruction and secretion
b.Ineffective breathing pattern related to inflammatory process.
c.Impaired gas exchange related alveolar capillary membrane changes.
d.Anxiety related to ineffective airway clearance.
5.The overall outcome/ goals for a client with oxygenation problems are:
a. To maintain normal breathing pattern.
b.To remove the excess secretion and obstruction in tracheobronchial region.
c.To maintain the normal activitly level.
d.To maintain normal blood flow and oxygen supply.
e.To relieve from anxiety
6.The nursing intervention to facilitate pulmonary ventilation are
a.Assess the patients level of breathing and other parameters like Arterial Blood Gas analysis and haemodynamic parameters
b.Encourage frequent coughing if the patient can cough which will encourage in loosen excessive airway mucus.
c.Frequent turning and repositioning has been found to improve ventilation and perfusion in lungs.
d.Administer analgesic and sedations as indicated to optimize patient comfort and reduce anxiety.
e.Provide fowlers position to allow for maximum chest expansion and maintain normal breathing pattern.
f.Encourage the patient to practice in breathing exercise every seclnd hourly.
g.Maintain adequate hydration to moisten the secretions.
h.Encourage use of incentive spirometry as appropriate.
7.Sympathomimetics are substances that modify the actions of endogenous catgecolamines of the sympathetic nervpus system.
The nurse need to follow certain measures while administering it which are as follows
- Before administration assess the reason for administration mainly for decreased cardiac output it is used.
- Before and after administration monitor the patients vital sigms,urinary output and cardiac output-intially and throughout.
- Monitor IV insertion site for extravasation, use an infusion pump to deliveredication.
- Monitor the client for side effects like chest/ arm pain,shortness of breath, dizziness, palpitation.
- Monitor breathing pattern and observe for shortness of breath.
- Provide eye comfort by reducing exposure to bright light.
8.The possible side effects of sympathomimetics are
- Fine tremor usually in hands.
- Peripheral vasodilation
- Impaired glucose intolerance
- Sinus tachhcardia
9.Venturi mask mixes oxygen with room air creating a high flow enriched oxygen of desired concentration.It provides an accurate and constant FiO2 of despite varied respiratory rate and tidal volume.The benefits are
- It delivers upto 80% oxygen.
- Provides continuous 100% humidity.
- Delivers a precise concentration of oxygen.
- it can be used while patient eats and sleeps
10. It is the responsibility of RN to administer oxygen to the patient.The unlicensed assitive personnel can perform it under the supervision of RN or should have competence in administering oxygen
The unlicensed assitive personnel are paraprofessionals who assist individual with physical disabilities, mental impairments and other health care needs with the activitoes of daily living.