19. What is NOT a risk of being underweight? a. high risk of death following surgery....
19. What is NOT a risk of being underweight?
a. high risk of death following surgery.
b. death from starvation when suffering from cancer.
c. early death during a famine or in a siege.
d. high risk of developing heart disease.
e. deterioration of nutrition status during hospitalization.
20. Waist circumference in the range of 35” to 40” is an indicator of _____.
a. defective heart valves.
b. lower BMI.
c. alcohol addiction.
d. central obesity.
e. improper liver function.
22. All of these are complications of obesity surgery EXCEPT:
a. low blood glucose.
c. high blood pressure.
23. Which of the following is NOT an obesity-related chronic disease?
a. breast cancer.
c. renal failure.
25. Which of the following techniques is used to measure the concentration on subcutaneous fat on the back of the arm?
a. a DEXA scan.
b. a skinfold test.
c. BMI measurement.
d. BMR measurement.
e. EER measurement.
29. You are weighing the players of a football team, and based on their BMI values they appear to be obese. What would you conclude based on the above data?
a. the athletes may have poor bone density, which falsely lowers their body weights.
b. BMI values are applicable to young athletes since the values are derived from studies of older adults.
c. their high muscle mass is probably responsible for the elevated scale weights.
d. the majority of them are probably obese and should try to lose weight.
e. the measurements of their weights and heights may be inaccurate.
31.Which of the following statements is true of the basal metabolic rate (BMR)?
a. it decreases with an increase in body mass.
b. it is independent of an individual’s height.
c. it is not affected by stress hormone levels.
d. it increases with age.
e. it is higher for children and pregnant women.