5

B.2 Formulas of ionic compoundsNamePositive IonNegative IonFormulaSodium chlorideNa +Magnesium chlorideCalcium oxideLithium phosphideAluminum sulfideCalcium nitride...

Question

B.2 Formulas of ionic compoundsNamePositive IonNegative IonFormulaSodium chlorideNa +Magnesium chlorideCalcium oxideLithium phosphideAluminum sulfideCalcium nitride

B.2 Formulas of ionic compounds Name Positive Ion Negative Ion Formula Sodium chloride Na + Magnesium chloride Calcium oxide Lithium phosphide Aluminum sulfide Calcium nitride



Answers

Write formulas for the following ionic compounds: (a) Potassium bromide (b) Calcium oxide (c) Mercury(II) oxide (d) Copper(II) phosphate (e) Lithium sulfate (f) Iron(III) sulfide

Got under the activity here where we're gonna be given formulas or names, and we just have to figure out what the other is. So I've got done some of the examples as we can see on screen, and you just use the same rational in order to figure out the rest. So firstly, we've got our lithium oxide, and that is very simple. It's just like, oh, next you bought aluminum iodide, says a L I three. Next, we have our silver oxide, which is a G 20 now, remember, silver, the symbol name isn't s I that silicon. Instead, we use the Latin name in order to differentiate it from silicon. So we have a G. So just be wary of that and just have general knowledge of your periodic table. And in the last example, our cover is what that we've got calcium phosphate, which is see a three peat to

Serious. We want to write the formula for sodium oxide. So we're gonna have, you know, sodium and oxygen. The charge of the sodium it's gonna be plus one. And on oxygen is negative two. So when we write this, it's gonna be in a to Oh, because the charges cross next, you have my museum and phosphorus sending my museum floss side. So magnesium has a charge of plus two. Bosphorous has charge of minus three. So when we cross charges, we get into three p two. Next, we have Silver and Sulphur, which is making silver one. So five, it's also off. The charge of silver is gonna be plus one within that name. And then sulphide hasn Linus to charge so across the charges, it's gonna be written as a G two X. Okay, Now we have Lyell beyond scoring to make nine of the M five chloride, so it gives us the charge of N B to B plus five. Korean has a negative one charge so indirect that it's gonna be a and B C 05

In problems 16 given names and we're at the formulas off these names. So this question is taken from the topic. Chemical nomenclature. So first name is calcium mine. So the formula off this calcium iron sc year two plus because we know that this calcium belongs to the group to element in the product table, having its surveillance is too. So we can write it as a year to plus iron. So next name is the nitride ion. So this night, right, I in. So this is entry minus So nitrogen belongs to the group 15 element in the product table. So in case off a group 15 in case off a nitrogen, it can gain three electrons. So that is why we can read it as and three minus ion. So next one is mag unease. So next name is given as a manganese. So this is the manganese. So this magnus to I own So this means that this is the symbol off mechanism And for two I own so that mean it has charged off two. Plus I own So next is lithium ion. So next one is lithium mine. So lithium belongs to the group one element in the product table, and we know that it's, uh well and see, for a group of one element is plus one so we can write it as L A plus. So these are the so these are the formulas off the given name that is asked in the questions so

Hi everyone. So in this question that I ask that you the formula the companion. Which uh so we're right here serial number then you can say one. People laugh then you can see here Formula for me. Love serial number A catty needs. Mhm. We car design is beer two plus. Yeah. And the uh minus I minus three minus Oh want uh the nineties. Oh right. I want it. I am I nuts. and three might so formula for base you know be a two plus I minus one. So criss cross that is the way I do. Yeah. B. A. I do. There is tubular charges. Are there in any compound? The positive and negative charges are uh zero or absolution status And zero. Then the second one is uh be a two is them. This is three. So multiply this by three. We'll get be a three Then multiply this n. 3- by to get be a three and 2. Yeah. The next. Mhm. B the nineties. The night is or do I nurse the Cantonese? Oh if we do plus. Mhm. Are a fee three plus. Right so and our first this is two plus. This is to mine. Let a P. O. Is one of the compound. Then 2nd. This is always to Phase three. So multiply this to my three. And when people like this, pre by previous. Later for me now if we don't. Thanks.


Similar Solved Questions

5 answers
Consider the reaction ZNHs(e) coz(e) NH,CONH;(aq) H,o(i: Given that 4G" 27.2 Kj; calculate Calculate the equilibrium constant (Kc) for the above reaction at 25 %€ Calculate AG at 25 " when the concentrations are NH,] 1.0M, [cO,] 10.0 M and [NH,CONH;] 1.0 M How would the temperature affect the spontaneity ofthe rcaction with these concentrations?
Consider the reaction ZNHs(e) coz(e) NH,CONH;(aq) H,o(i: Given that 4G" 27.2 Kj; calculate Calculate the equilibrium constant (Kc) for the above reaction at 25 %€ Calculate AG at 25 " when the concentrations are NH,] 1.0M, [cO,] 10.0 M and [NH,CONH;] 1.0 M How would the temperature a...
5 answers
5b. What is cos(tan -! (+))?Whet is tan(8in - ~I(z))?5d. Wha: ig C3ci= Sdt "(3))?E8 Whas js csctcog-1(a))?
5b. What is cos(tan -! (+))? Whet is tan(8in - ~I(z))? 5d. Wha: ig C3ci= Sdt "(3))? E8 Whas js csctcog-1(a))?...
5 answers
What type(s) of orbital overlap is(are) indicated on the following structure:sp3-5 sp3-sp sp3_sp3 sp?_Sp2 p-p
What type(s) of orbital overlap is(are) indicated on the following structure: sp3-5 sp3-sp sp3_sp3 sp?_Sp2 p-p...
5 answers
1 8 S5a | 2 1 1 1 1 0
1 8 S5a | 2 1 1 1 1 0...
5 answers
1. A box of donuts at a bakery usually contains 12 donuts, but sometimes contains 11 or 13. Suppose that there is a 15% chance that a box contains 1l donuts, 60% chance that a box contains 12 donuts; and 25% chance that a box contains 13 donuts Approximate the probability that you will get at least 365 donuts if you buy 30 boxes_
1. A box of donuts at a bakery usually contains 12 donuts, but sometimes contains 11 or 13. Suppose that there is a 15% chance that a box contains 1l donuts, 60% chance that a box contains 12 donuts; and 25% chance that a box contains 13 donuts Approximate the probability that you will get at least...
5 answers
-/3 pointsSerPoP5 23.P.035.WI:The current in 80.0-mH inductor changes with time as I = 0ot2 7.00t, where is in amperes and is in seconds_ Find the magnitude of the induced emf at t = 1.00 mVFind the magnitude of the induced emf at t = 4.00 mVAt what timethe emf zero?Need Help?ReadWatch It
-/3 points SerPoP5 23.P.035.WI: The current in 80.0-mH inductor changes with time as I = 0ot2 7.00t, where is in amperes and is in seconds_ Find the magnitude of the induced emf at t = 1.00 mV Find the magnitude of the induced emf at t = 4.00 mV At what time the emf zero? Need Help? Read Watch It...
5 answers
Five identical cylinders of radius R are each acted on by forces of equal magnitude. For each case; calculate the torque about the central axes of the cylinders_Fis offset from the center by R/4
Five identical cylinders of radius R are each acted on by forces of equal magnitude. For each case; calculate the torque about the central axes of the cylinders_ Fis offset from the center by R/4...
5 answers
Private property, freedom of choice and the pricing mechanism are some features that are peculiar to capitalism. These characteristics alone, however, do not accurately describe modern economies. Identify three essential features of modern economies that are not peculiar to capitalism.
Private property, freedom of choice and the pricing mechanism are some features that are peculiar to capitalism. These characteristics alone, however, do not accurately describe modern economies. Identify three essential features of modern economies that are not peculiar to capitalism....
5 answers
6037*010 QulloatsoninentriquoaSmuninghhtiqunCheiniczl EqwalianQuustion 135 pts[SHOW WORK]How many nitrogen manoxide molecules are present In 406687 mg of nitrogen monoxideEdic View Insert Fonnat Tools Table12ptPargraph4 ~ 2 v T? ~
6037*010 Qulloat soninentriquoa Smuninghhtiqun Cheiniczl Eqwalian Quustion 13 5 pts [SHOW WORK] How many nitrogen manoxide molecules are present In 406687 mg of nitrogen monoxide Edic View Insert Fonnat Tools Table 12pt Pargraph 4 ~ 2 v T? ~...
5 answers
Write a nuclear reaction for the neutron-induced fission of $mathrm{U}-235$ to form Xe-144 and Sr-90. How many neutrons are produced in the reaction?
Write a nuclear reaction for the neutron-induced fission of $mathrm{U}-235$ to form Xe-144 and Sr-90. How many neutrons are produced in the reaction?...
5 answers
Find all Iocal maxina local minima and sadde ponts of the function flx,M=2-Xv Local mnimum at the point (0, 0) . Saddle point at the point (2,0). Local mimum at the point (2,0). Local mximum at the point (0, 0).
Find all Iocal maxina local minima and sadde ponts of the function flx,M=2-Xv Local mnimum at the point (0, 0) . Saddle point at the point (2,0). Local mimum at the point (2,0). Local mximum at the point (0, 0)....
5 answers
QuesTiON 31PointFind the derivatlve off(x) =3c0s (4) + 2sin (x) at the pointxDo not include "'(-%) ="Inyour answer: For example: Ifyour answer Is fL,you would enter
QuesTiON 31 Point Find the derivatlve off(x) =3c0s (4) + 2sin (x) at the pointx Do not include "'(-%) ="Inyour answer: For example: Ifyour answer Is f L,you would enter...
1 answers
The following problems can be solved by the same method you used in Problems $1-24$ $4.89 \%$ of $2,000$ is what number?
The following problems can be solved by the same method you used in Problems $1-24$ $4.89 \%$ of $2,000$ is what number?...
5 answers
1. Compare and contrast paraffin embedded sections withcryosections (advantages and disadvantages)2. What are the differences between progressive andregressive stains?3. Why is it important to perfuse prior todissection?4. List a fixative of your choice and explain themechanism of action.
1. Compare and contrast paraffin embedded sections with cryosections (advantages and disadvantages) 2. What are the differences between progressive and regressive stains? 3. Why is it important to perfuse prior to dissection? 4. List a fixative of your choice and explain the mechanism of action....
5 answers
Tast Ho: (a}-(d)1C0 versussunpla random sJiple sze oln =cblained from populxion thulebotn * nonnlly drIntxrod HishepardClkk nute view Ihe [ Distnbubon Avea Rught TailJz =104- and $ =compute the test stauishc (Round Ihree decimal places a5 needed }
tast Ho: (a}-(d) 1C0 versus sunpla random sJiple sze oln = cblained from populxion thulebotn * nonnlly drIntxrod Hishepard Clkk nute view Ihe [ Distnbubon Avea Rught Tail Jz =104- and $ = compute the test stauishc (Round Ihree decimal places a5 needed }...
5 answers
Asolution of0.5 M NaOH ofvolume 1C ml was dlluted to 4 mi; What was the Molarity of the solution after dilution?0.152 M1,25 M0.125 M 1,22 M
Asolution of0.5 M NaOH ofvolume 1C ml was dlluted to 4 mi; What was the Molarity of the solution after dilution? 0.152 M 1,25 M 0.125 M 1,22 M...
5 answers
Notyet answered Marked out of 1.007 JIgPouring an acid over your hand is a good method for testing its strengthTrueFalse218 PMIn the titration of 12.6 mL 0f4.0 M HzSO4 50 mL of NaOH solution were added: What is the ?molarity of the NaOH solution HzSOa(aq) 2NaOH(aq) ZHz0() NazSOa(aq)8.42.0213
Notyet answered Marked out of 1.00 7 JIg Pouring an acid over your hand is a good method for testing its strength True False 218 PM In the titration of 12.6 mL 0f4.0 M HzSO4 50 mL of NaOH solution were added: What is the ?molarity of the NaOH solution HzSOa(aq) 2NaOH(aq) ZHz0() NazSOa(aq) 8.4 2.02 1...

-- 0.020208--