5

Complete the Punnett square showing all the possible blood typesfor the offspring produced by a type “O” mother and an a Type “AB”father. Wh...

Question

Complete the Punnett square showing all the possible blood typesfor the offspring produced by a type “O” mother and an a Type “AB”father. What are percentages of each offspring?

Complete the Punnett square showing all the possible blood types for the offspring produced by a type “O” mother and an a Type “AB” father. What are percentages of each offspring?



Answers

What are the phenotypes and genotypes for the ABO blood groups? If both parents are type AB blood, what are the possible genotypes and phenotypes for their children, including the expected percentages? (pages $480-81$ )

So looking at a cross between a woman or blood type O and a man or blood type A B. So we already know Virginia types of woman is going to be I I and the man is going to be I a artist. Ap So what types and genotype so expect in their offspring? Oh, that is going to give us 50% A i A and 50% I b So 50% of your offspring would be hetero cigarettes and type A 50% would be heterosexuals and type B is that it's easy. Next we're looking at across for hetero zegas Mother with type A and heterodox father will type the So what is this going to give us? What you could do? A pennant square. But this is a quite simple cross. So I'm just going to write out the four types in equal proportion that we will have, um, a B We will have a i B and II in equal proportions. So 1212121 And for the types, that would be type baby type A type B type. So a b a the, uh

For this question, we can make multiple opponents squares to figure out the final genetic makeup of the Children. So here we have the father, the mother, and we'll just call the mother's father, the grandfather. And finally, we are looking for the offspring. So the father's genetic makeup is a B. The mothers is be with some sort of other Alil. And the grandfather is oh, so first, If we're looking for this unknown second olio of the mother, we can perform a cross between the grandfather and the mother. Since we know the mother of that mother or the grandmother has to express some sort of variation of the B trait, the mother can be either b, o or B. So make it be over this circumstance. So here we can do the Planet Square Cross and we find out that the only genetic makeup for the mother of interest is going to be this B o group. Because if the mother expressed oh oh, her blood type would be Oh, rather than be so here. We know that the mother's genotype is going to be B o. From there, we can do our second upon its square between the A B father and the B O Mother. So here we can write a B B o have a baby, B, B, A O and B O. If we write out the phenotype for each of these, there's a 25% chance the child will be a B. There is a 25% chance for BB, 25% chance for B O and 25% chance for a Oh, so here we can just combine the B, B and B O. This would be a 50% chance they would be the blood type B. It would be the 25% chance for a B and 25% chance for a of course, because there's no oh grouping. There's 0% chance for the child to express Justin. Oh, Fino type. So here, the best answer choice for this question is going to be D that they have this 25% for the A B, 50% for be and 25% for oh,

For different possible blood types in humans, who's a be A B and oh, and these refer to certain surface molecules are red blood cells that could be different depending on your blood that there's an a surface molecule and a B surface molecule. And if you're a bee, you have both of those surface molecules. And if you're oh, you have neither, Oh, does not refer to a molecule. It just refers to the absence of Air B and A and B dominant over. Oh, so if you have a NAO blood type, her Gino type European a type is a um if you have a B o Gino type, your fino type is B, so the only way you can be oh, it's if you, your Gino type, is 00 And you have no surface model of builds on your red blood cells. And when your head arose, I guess A and B neither is dominant over each other because you can. It's possible to have both surface molecules, so you're fino type is a B, and knowing this, you can do punish squares for blood type, just like any other trade, knowing how they behave

Okay, so we know that this call Gino type is gonna be our dominant. So we're going to represent this with a big T. Now, what this tells us is that we're going to have a cross between a headers. I guess. Call P plants and a another Hatteras Vegas call pea plant. Now we're gonna say that are dwarf is going to be obsessive, and that is gonna be little t. So we're gonna use opponents were here, and we're gonna import Arjuna types. So big T little t big t little t and we see that it comes out with these ratios. Now there are was look at the FINA type first so we can see that there are three Call p plants and there is one dwarf, please. People int. And with the genotype, we see that there is one Holmes, I guess, dominant. There are two header rows, I guess. Dominant. And then there is one home was, I guess recessive people. So for your fino type, you're going to have a ratio of 3 to 1 tall to war. And for your Gino type, you are going to have this 12 to 1. How was I guess Dominant header rows, I guess. Who was, I guess recessive ratio


Similar Solved Questions

5 answers
Carefully show the steps required to find the power series representation for the function f (x) = In (1 _ %). Find the radius of convergence and the interval of convergence for the power series that you found. Use your results to express f(-1) as an infinite sum Does this result fit with your expectations?
Carefully show the steps required to find the power series representation for the function f (x) = In (1 _ %). Find the radius of convergence and the interval of convergence for the power series that you found. Use your results to express f(-1) as an infinite sum Does this result fit with your expec...
2 answers
3) Let ML +Le 2*2 Katrix as3ecieted wi #L +e tra-s fornakonHat Fc Mlzcts vectos cross + line Y"-3x. (Nble; Ido not esk t2 ixpkeilly 0ad M #Lis prollem 9-4 Yow d net hecd Yo J P} 9) Fi-4 nullspce (M),ra J-(M),-] # M. "iJ "Fees 6) Visualize M (B-kallv) Usint metlod (veel A-Ids)
3) Let ML +Le 2*2 Katrix as3ecieted wi #L +e tra-s fornakon Hat Fc Mlzcts vectos cross + line Y"-3x. (Nble; Ido not esk t2 ixpkeilly 0ad M #Lis prollem 9-4 Yow d net hecd Yo J P} 9) Fi-4 nullspce (M),ra J-(M),-] # M. "iJ "Fees 6) Visualize M (B-kallv) Usint metlod (veel A-Ids)...
5 answers
R +I+1 dr. r(r? + 9)EvaluateDecompose the integrand into partial fractiona.(6) Evaluate the integral using partial fractions.
r +I+1 dr. r(r? + 9) Evaluate Decompose the integrand into partial fractiona. (6) Evaluate the integral using partial fractions....
5 answers
Question 5 (1 point) Water is pulled up the Xylem in the Stem in part throughactive transportb) root pressuretranslocationcapillary action
Question 5 (1 point) Water is pulled up the Xylem in the Stem in part through active transport b) root pressure translocation capillary action...
1 answers
Balance each of the following redox reactions and classify it as a combination, decomposition, or displacement reaction: (a) $\mathrm{HI}(g) \rightarrow \mathrm{H}_{2}(g)+\mathrm{I}_{2}(g)$ (b) $\mathrm{Zn}(s)+\mathrm{AgNO}_{3}(a q) \rightarrow \mathrm{Zn}\left(\mathrm{NO}_{3}\right)_{2}(a q)+\mathrm{Ag}(s)$ (c) $\mathrm{NO}(g)+\mathrm{O}_{2}(g) \longrightarrow \mathrm{N}_{2} \mathrm{O}_{4}(l)$
Balance each of the following redox reactions and classify it as a combination, decomposition, or displacement reaction: (a) $\mathrm{HI}(g) \rightarrow \mathrm{H}_{2}(g)+\mathrm{I}_{2}(g)$ (b) $\mathrm{Zn}(s)+\mathrm{AgNO}_{3}(a q) \rightarrow \mathrm{Zn}\left(\mathrm{NO}_{3}\right)_{2}(a q)+\mathr...
5 answers
The mean price of bag of candy during Halloween week is 57.68. A random sample of 27 bags is selected_ Assume that the population is normally distributed with standard deviation of 50.79. What is the probability that the mean price for the sample is between $7.18 and 57.8170.77430.77640.29930.8046
The mean price of bag of candy during Halloween week is 57.68. A random sample of 27 bags is selected_ Assume that the population is normally distributed with standard deviation of 50.79. What is the probability that the mean price for the sample is between $7.18 and 57.817 0.7743 0.7764 0.2993 0.80...
5 answers
Find a simplified difference quotient for the function.f(x) = 8x + 90A. 8 + h 0 B. 0 c -8 0 D. 8h
Find a simplified difference quotient for the function. f(x) = 8x + 9 0A. 8 + h 0 B. 0 c -8 0 D. 8h...
5 answers
A researcher reports that mice live an average of 47 months whentheir diets are sharply restricted and enriched with vitamins andproteins. Assume lifetimes of such mice are normally distributedwith standard deviation 5.9 months.1. Find the proportion of mice that live more than 38 months.Make labeled picture for this problem.2. Find the proportion of mice that live between 30 and 49months. Make labeled picture for this problem.
A researcher reports that mice live an average of 47 months when their diets are sharply restricted and enriched with vitamins and proteins. Assume lifetimes of such mice are normally distributed with standard deviation 5.9 months. 1. Find the proportion of mice that live more than 38 months. Make l...
5 answers
The graph of a function is shown here.40
The graph of a function is shown here. 40...
5 answers
Part a: (G points) Uct irtogtals TCpFcTL MC MCn the iEcteam region below enelosex by the scmicircle tv alLUetix Anein - [ussing through the euclxoiuts (3,0) and (34 Q) of the -micirele Atcd the point (0 -9) . repectively:Part b:poiuts) Evalunte the lutegralHiudtle icertll TOIL
Part a: (G points) Uct irtogtals TCpFcTL MC MCn the iEcteam region below enelosex by the scmicircle tv alLUetix Anein - [ussing through the euclxoiuts (3,0) and (34 Q) of the -micirele Atcd the point (0 -9) . repectively: Part b: poiuts) Evalunte the lutegral Hiud tle icertll TOIL...
2 answers
These calculations, combine the two projects' costs for each division into one project to simplify the cash flow calculations_ d. What would you recommend that Jim do to motivate Payroll Services to keep abreast of current technology? Why?
these calculations, combine the two projects' costs for each division into one project to simplify the cash flow calculations_ d. What would you recommend that Jim do to motivate Payroll Services to keep abreast of current technology? Why?...
5 answers
How many kg of C4H10O2 (MW=90.122 g/mol) would be needed for aradiator that can hold 4.3 kg of water and has a freezing point of-20 C?
How many kg of C4H10O2 (MW=90.122 g/mol) would be needed for a radiator that can hold 4.3 kg of water and has a freezing point of -20 C?...
5 answers
Copper(I) ions in aqueous solution react with NH;C (aq) according t0Cu" (aq) 2 NH, (aq)Cu(NH;)t (aq) Kt = 6.3 Xi0l Calculate the solubility (in g-L-') of CuBr(s) (Ksp 6.3x10 %) in 0.75 M NH,(aq)solubility of CuBr(s):
Copper(I) ions in aqueous solution react with NH;C (aq) according t0 Cu" (aq) 2 NH, (aq) Cu(NH;)t (aq) Kt = 6.3 Xi0l Calculate the solubility (in g-L-') of CuBr(s) (Ksp 6.3x10 %) in 0.75 M NH,(aq) solubility of CuBr(s):...
5 answers
Defing following termg) Revier: HypolhesisMatier-soiodesHydrogen bondsDehydration reaction-Denaturation-NucleosideMagnilication-Resolution-10) Isomers_11) Tertiary proteins12) The endosymbiont theory _13) Tonicitye 14) Facilitated diffusion- Volu;t]Jpo E inlouciit15) Phosphorylation 0 (L'usl/16) Enzyme_Activation energy-18) Induced fit of tha enzyme-UUl 4onb "( Jur" I1JJ
Defing following termg) Revier: Hypolhesis Matier- soiodes Hydrogen bonds Dehydration reaction- Denaturation- Nucleoside Magnilication- Resolution- 10) Isomers_ 11) Tertiary proteins 12) The endosymbiont theory _ 13) Tonicity e 14) Facilitated diffusion- Volu;t] Jpo E inlouciit 15) Phosphorylation 0...
5 answers
15. [-/1 Points]DETAILSSALGTRIG4 5.2.018.Find the side labeled x_308Submit Answer
15. [-/1 Points] DETAILS SALGTRIG4 5.2.018. Find the side labeled x_ 308 Submit Answer...
5 answers
2. Find the value of x (Note: The diagram may not be to scale)polnt3x28
2. Find the value of x (Note: The diagram may not be to scale) polnt 3x 28...
5 answers
Find the trigonometric integraltan? (1) sin? (T) drConnent: This isn't one of the types the book. It might be "isefu] to writc the tangent 5quared in Lerins of the sccant Mine= tion thon algebra and trigonometry sirnplify the thing You integrating
Find the trigonometric integral tan? (1) sin? (T) dr Connent: This isn't one of the types the book. It might be "isefu] to writc the tangent 5quared in Lerins of the sccant Mine= tion thon algebra and trigonometry sirnplify the thing You integrating...
5 answers
Question 10 (1 point) You recently surveved a random sample of 183 customers to determine whether the mean age is over 32. Ho p < 32 and Ha p > 32 The appropriate hypotheses are You conclude the mean age is over 32 when it is not What type of error are you making?Type 8 errorType Il errorCorrect decisionType etror
Question 10 (1 point) You recently surveved a random sample of 183 customers to determine whether the mean age is over 32. Ho p < 32 and Ha p > 32 The appropriate hypotheses are You conclude the mean age is over 32 when it is not What type of error are you making? Type 8 error Type Il error Co...

-- 0.019606--