5

Identify the experimental units or subjects, the explanatory variables (factors), the treatments, and the response variables.A student project measured the increase...

Question

Identify the experimental units or subjects, the explanatory variables (factors), the treatments, and the response variables.A student project measured the increase in the heart rates of fellow students when they stepped up and down for three minutes to the beat of a metronome. The step was either 5.75 or 11.5 inches high and the metronome beat was 14, 21, or 28 steps per minute. Five students stepped at each combination of height and speed.

Identify the experimental units or subjects, the explanatory variables (factors), the treatments, and the response variables. A student project measured the increase in the heart rates of fellow students when they stepped up and down for three minutes to the beat of a metronome. The step was either 5.75 or 11.5 inches high and the metronome beat was 14, 21, or 28 steps per minute. Five students stepped at each combination of height and speed.



Answers

Identify the experimental units or subjects, the explanatory variables (factors), the treatments, and the response variables.

A student project measured the increase in the heart rates of fellow students when they stepped up and down for three minutes to the beat of a metronome. The step was either 5.75 or 11.5 inches high and the metronome beat was 14, 21, or 28 steps per minute. Five students stepped at each combination of height and speed.

Now work on Problem 40 two from Chapter one. In this problem, it talks about studying table sugar. How much can be mixed and dissolved in water at varying temperatures. So the amount of sugar that can dissolve in water goes up as the water temperature goes up. And now we have some questions. What's the independent, variable dependent variable? And which factor are we holding? Constant. So first, let's identify the independent variable. This is something that we're changing. We're deciding to change. It's not something that's changed from the condition. So this is something that we choose to change, and that's temperature. So each time we tried to dissolve the amount of sugar, we're choosing different temperatures, and so that's independent of anything else. Just what we choose. So the dependent variable will be something that changes depending on how we change the independent variable. So we changed the independent variable based on our choice, and as a response to that change, the dependent variable will change. And so in this case, it's the amount of sugar that's dissolved. So as we change um, temperature through our choice, the amount of sugar that will dissolve will change, making a dependent on the independent variable. And the last thing that it asked us to identify is what are we holding? Constant. Now, in this case, we're not holding the temperature constant. We're not holding the amount of sugar that's being dissolved constant. We're holding Constant is the amount of water. So we need to hold this constant so that we can be sure that increase in sugar soluble ity is related on Lee to the temperature, not too.

For the urine problem. We would like to design an experiment experiment to determine whether long toodle or trans worse pulses have a higher speed own slinky. The experiment can be done, the using slinky and a stopwatch. Let's start with their trans worse polls. Let's say, is the trans worse bowls faster? We need to attach the end off the slinky to the wall. So let's say here is the slinky. It dished Ah, while holding the other end off. Um, my hands over this whole did this by hand here to come here to transport ball, so you need to shake the slinky up and down. Once the pulse is initiated, turn the stopwatch on the pulse will travel along the slinky and hit the wall. So when it hits the wall here and then comes back when the reflected balls reaches, Ah, you your then stop the watch in order to create a long Schubel. So you need to shake the slinky back, uh, beckoned forward. So let's aim. Um, So here's the Slinky. We will shake back and forth year. Um, you could hear the balls once the pulse is initiated. Turn the stopwatch on the Bulls will travel along the Slinky to form the compression and hits the wall. Then we will come back when it is reflected and reaches. He will stop the stopwatch after doing the two experiments compared the time for this trans worse and along shuttle. Um, for the reflection back, the bulls that takes a short time will have will be the one with a higher speed. Um, we noticed that there will be uncertainty in the results because you might turn on the stopwatch after or before the motion starts of rent toe work. On this uncertainty, we usually repeat the experiment Mawr and Mawr, uh, which will allow us to get the wider range of results, that we will take the average value off those results.

Question, Lynn asked to identify the experimental units, your subjects, the factors, treatments in the response variables for this particular experiment says ability to grow in shade may help Heinz find found in the dry forest of Arizona to resist drought. How well do these pines grow in shape? The investigators plant Pint see things in a greenhouse either fully light produced by 25% of normal by a shade cloth, or like you did by 5%. And the study. They drive the young trees and wait that so our experimental units are subject. What we're starting with our the pine. See, let's that the actual trees himself. She won't bump looking at. And then that the factors extra variable is sunlight. So is it Full light is introduced attorney ever Sonora's produced by 5%. That's the very blood's changing between the three groups. And so the response the outcome of the ex experimental unit based on the factors is the way to the tree. How much? Just the truth they using based on the amount of light? I mean, finally, as I alluded to before the treatment is described within the factor of explanatory variable, which is the type of light that flight is, it reduced Lee. We raised 20% or by 5%

Question 51. Some researchers are trying to see how pine trees grow with reduced lates. They want to see if they caught him in the shade versus injured, so they plan these little seedlings. I'm neither full light in late. That's reduced to 25% using some, um, some shades of cloth and then all the way down to 5% to see how they grow in those situations. Once they finished growing up in the season, they dry this evening and they weigh them to see how large a group much mass it took up. So in this case, the subjects are the pine seedlings to their planting. The factors is that different is the light. How much light exposure each just eating is receiving in response to what the factor is going to drive is the weight depending on how much that you have to present, it's gonna show us what size they're looking to grow to, and so factors I'm on this agenda late R D mt. Awaiting with being received. So it's either was three. Other factors is either gonna be full light. It's gonna be that reduced 25% night for reduced all the way to 5% light. Those of the three different treatments that are being put into the pine seedlings, which is gonna chalk, cause them to grow either, um, to that extreme out positive or extreme negatives, how growth.


Similar Solved Questions

5 answers
5 (6 marks) Find the slope of the tangent line to the curvey +ry - y = sin -1(22)at & = 0 and y = 1
5 (6 marks) Find the slope of the tangent line to the curve y +ry - y = sin -1(22) at & = 0 and y = 1...
5 answers
Determine whether the equation exact; Orherwise, find an integrating factor then solve the DE: M2xz _ Xy+t1)dx+(x-yay-0 M2x-y) = Ce-x? M2x-y) = Cer?M2x+y) = Ce*M2x-y) = Ce
Determine whether the equation exact; Orherwise, find an integrating factor then solve the DE: M2xz _ Xy+t1)dx+(x-yay-0 M2x-y) = Ce-x? M2x-y) = Cer? M2x+y) = Ce* M2x-y) = Ce...
5 answers
Question 172 ptsA4kg block with initial speed V;-8.5 mls is at point C; the surfaces CA and BDare frictionless the surface AB of length Zm is rough with /' k=0.30. the block moves into these surfaces and compressed the spring (k-2400 N/m) until it stops.at what distance the spring is compressed when the block stops0.220.370.290.150.25
Question 17 2 pts A4kg block with initial speed V;-8.5 mls is at point C; the surfaces CA and BDare frictionless the surface AB of length Zm is rough with /' k=0.30. the block moves into these surfaces and compressed the spring (k-2400 N/m) until it stops.at what distance the spring is compress...
5 answers
Fajju and Faina are 12 year old twins_ Faina has 70% chance to be recognized from sellie where as Fajju has 30% chance: Probability that Faina would have taken the selfie given Fajju was recognized from it is 0.2, and Faina was recognized from it is 0.6. What is the probability that Faina is correctly recognized from picture?What is the probability that Fajju is correctly recognized from picture?
Fajju and Faina are 12 year old twins_ Faina has 70% chance to be recognized from sellie where as Fajju has 30% chance: Probability that Faina would have taken the selfie given Fajju was recognized from it is 0.2, and Faina was recognized from it is 0.6. What is the probability that Faina is correct...
5 answers
Pure water establishes an equilibrium ofSelect one: 02-, OH-, HzO, H3O+, and H402+ ions in solution: b. HzO and OH molecules in solution: c. 02-and H402+ ions in solution:d. OH" and H3Ot ions in solution:
Pure water establishes an equilibrium of Select one: 02-, OH-, HzO, H3O+, and H402+ ions in solution: b. HzO and OH molecules in solution: c. 02-and H402+ ions in solution: d. OH" and H3Ot ions in solution:...
5 answers
10. Find the average rate of change of f (x)=4+3x on the interval [2,7] Average rate of change 13 b) Average rate of change 25Average rate of change 14Average rate of change 5
10. Find the average rate of change of f (x)=4+3x on the interval [2,7] Average rate of change 13 b) Average rate of change 25 Average rate of change 14 Average rate of change 5...
1 answers
Let X1,X2, X3, X4, - Xs be independent and identically distributed Exponential(7) random vari- ables_ Find E[Xrz)]:
Let X1,X2, X3, X4, - Xs be independent and identically distributed Exponential(7) random vari- ables_ Find E[Xrz)]:...
5 answers
A Japanese bullet train travels at 300 km/hr. For the comfort of the passengers as the train goes around a curve; the track designers want to limit the centripetall acceleration felt by the train passengers to 0.5 g (m/s?) What is the minimum radius of curvature for the train tracks in order to meet that design requirement?18,367 m1,417 m9,184 m708 m1,000 m
A Japanese bullet train travels at 300 km/hr. For the comfort of the passengers as the train goes around a curve; the track designers want to limit the centripetall acceleration felt by the train passengers to 0.5 g (m/s?) What is the minimum radius of curvature for the train tracks in order to meet...
5 answers
Moving to the next question prevents changes' to thls answer. QuestionA point charge Q1 = 125 nC iS placed at(2+1,5) , what Is the electric field at the point(I],1 0A 1x10-9 -[-x-2] 2Te 10-9 -[-3*+42] 4n8 c 10-9 -[35 42] 4ne D, None of the given answers
Moving to the next question prevents changes' to thls answer. Question A point charge Q1 = 125 nC iS placed at(2+1,5) , what Is the electric field at the point(I],1 0A 1x10-9 -[-x-2] 2Te 10-9 -[-3*+42] 4n8 c 10-9 -[35 42] 4ne D, None of the given answers...
1 answers
An aqueous solution contains $\mathrm{NaCl}$, NaBr, $\mathrm{KCl}$, and $\mathrm{KBr}$. How many components are there in the solution?
An aqueous solution contains $\mathrm{NaCl}$, NaBr, $\mathrm{KCl}$, and $\mathrm{KBr}$. How many components are there in the solution?...
5 answers
Up to how many amino acids can be encoded by a gene that consists of 45 nucleotides?
Up to how many amino acids can be encoded by a gene that consists of 45 nucleotides?...
5 answers
Spoed 01 Ine builet-block combinalion wten swingsneighi 0.64 aboveinitial positiOn ,Weaistance does ~0.40 J ol wark during Whal Ino [iseSubmliRequeut Anbu orP#
spoed 01 Ine builet-block combinalion wten swings neighi 0.64 above initial positiOn , Weaistance does ~0.40 J ol wark during Whal Ino [ise Submli Requeut Anbu or P#...
5 answers
Work Problems $61-68$ mentally, without pencil and paper or a calculator.The product $-222(-987)$ is closest to which of the following numbers?a. $200,000$b. 800c. $-800$d. $-1,200$
Work Problems $61-68$ mentally, without pencil and paper or a calculator. The product $-222(-987)$ is closest to which of the following numbers? a. $200,000$ b. 800 c. $-800$ d. $-1,200$...
6 answers
Use FOIL to multiply.$$(f+5)(f-9)$$
Use FOIL to multiply. $$(f+5)(f-9)$$...
5 answers
4 4 Ll_ FJJ_ilOzLisDc =20 g; =ji Xji L0ea W0I_YLJIX (E)_Li= g14e _1ins[0 lLily_sslai_l ilac LU 0 ~&lz,llibl xllilL W JL J2646 Gl ~Jm0 ,sLiloX_
4 4 Ll_ FJJ_ilOzLisDc =20 g; =ji Xji L0ea W0I_YLJIX (E)_Li= g14e _1ins[0 lLily_sslai_l ilac LU 0 ~&lz,llibl xllilL W JL J2646 Gl ~Jm0 ,sLiloX_...
5 answers
The length of time (in months after maintenance) untilfailure of a bank’s surveillance television equipment has a Weibulldistribution with theta=31 and β = 2 If the bank wants theprobability of a breakdown before the next scheduled maintenance tobe 0.05, how frequently should the equipment receive periodicmaintenance?Use cumulative distribution (Weibull)Do not copy old answers
The length of time (in months after maintenance) until failure of a bank’s surveillance television equipment has a Weibull distribution with theta=31 and β = 2 If the bank wants the probability of a breakdown before the next scheduled maintenance to be 0.05, how frequently should the equip...
4 answers
A-5. Suppose the independent variable is X and the dependent variable is Y, what is the most appropriate regression equation line for testing how a percentage increase in X influences the percentage increase in Y?A. Ln(Y) = bo + biLn(X)B. Ln(Y) = bo + biXC.Y = botbLn(X)D. Y= bo + biX
A-5. Suppose the independent variable is X and the dependent variable is Y, what is the most appropriate regression equation line for testing how a percentage increase in X influences the percentage increase in Y? A. Ln(Y) = bo + biLn(X) B. Ln(Y) = bo + biX C.Y = botbLn(X) D. Y= bo + biX...
5 answers
What is the graph of the function f (c) It71+12 Asymptotes are shown as dotted lines in the graphs:
What is the graph of the function f (c) It71+12 Asymptotes are shown as dotted lines in the graphs:...
5 answers
The line spacing of your thesis has to beSelect one: a single b. doublec.at leastd. multiple
The line spacing of your thesis has to be Select one: a single b. double c.at least d. multiple...
5 answers
For each of the following improper integrals, gral convergent divergent.f e" dx Convergent DivergentK w 3 dr Convergent Divergent+1 ConvergentDivergentConvergent Divergentr3/2 _ 6Convergent Divergent
For each of the following improper integrals, gral convergent divergent. f e" dx Convergent Divergent K w 3 dr Convergent Divergent +1 Convergent Divergent Convergent Divergent r3/2 _ 6 Convergent Divergent...

-- 0.024230--