You find out your middle mouse button not working, but you have no clue why and what to do about it. Don’t worry! This article is all you need. Check it out now!
Whether you are a gamer, an officer, or a student, broken mouse buttons can create a lot of tension. However, the error is not too serious. You do not need to take your mouse to the computer shop since you can do it yourself in a blink of an eye.
Let’s read on and find out how to fix the middle mouse button not working.
Why Is Your Middle Mouse Button Not Working?
Before finding the solutions, you have to figure out why the mouse middle click not working.
This problem can be caused by several things, including a hardware matter, a connectivity problem inside the mouse, or a faulty mouse driver. Unfortunately, you sometimes find it hard to pinpoint the cause of the middle mouse click not working.
But don’t worry. We’ve got your back! Here are four viable options for resolving the issue of the middle click not working.
How To Fix The Middle Mouse Button Not Working?
Solution 1: Use Troubleshooter
This may be the quickest way to troubleshoot your problem related to mouse wheel click not working windows 10. To fix it, you have to:
- Start by entering “Control Panel” into the Windows search box.
- Choose “Hardware and Devices.”
- Choose “Printers and Devices.”
- Find the Mouse, select the “Troubleshoot” function from the menu.
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen (often, they ask you to click the “Next” button).
Approach to mouse settings
Solution 2: Uninstall The Mouse Driver
Windows 10 middle mouse button not working also results from the outdated mouse driver. To resolve, you need to uninstall your mouse driver and update to the newest version.
Follow these steps, and you will know how to install a driver:
- Use the taskbar search to find “Device Manager.”
- Access Device Manager.
- Go to pointing tool settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Uninstall” from the context menu of your mouse driver.
- Restart to check mouse middle click not working windows 10 fault.
Uninstall mouse devices
Solution 3: Reset The Mouse To Its Default Settings
If you accidentally messed up with the mouse settings, you might cause the middle mouse click not working windows 10. To eliminate this risk to your windows 10 middle mouse button, you might adjust the settings to their default state, as follows:
- Open the Settings page by clicking the “Start” button.
- Select the “Mouse” tab from the “Devices” menu.
- Access more mouse options from the drop-down menu.
Choose “Additional mouse options” to set up
- Select “Settings” from the “Device settings” menu.
- Choose “Defaults” to reset all of the mouse’s settings to their defaults.
- Press “Apply” to complete the adjustment, then the middle mouse button not working windows 10 can be repaired.
We have just gone through some solutions for the middle mouse button not working. We hope you find these recommendations helpful. If you have any more questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We always support you at our best.
Maybe you are interested in