The process of setting up 1and1 email on iPhone is simple. If you use iPhone for professional use, your 1&1 email must be added to the mail setting of iPhone. Here are some simple steps to add 1&1 email on your iPhone.
Setting up 1and1 email on your iPhone
For most of the users, iOS seems more difficult and challenging. The operating system is smooth but it requires a little more technical knowledge for understanding the basic email functions and features. If you own an iPhone and want to control 1&1 email through your iPhone, email should be setup on the device.
Here is how to setup 1and1 email on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars”.
- Select “Add Account” and then the Gmail option.
- Enter your email address, password, and click “Next”.
- On the setup screen that follows, select “Gmail” and then click “Next”.
- This brings up a list of account options for you to configure (e-mail address with username only or full name). For a @1and1 mailbox add a username with “@1and1.”
- The next screen should be displaying your new email account configuration details; if not go back to Step 3 to confirm they are correct before navigating past this step.
- On the next screen, select “Continue”.
- You might get a popup that mentions “Unable to continue processing”, tap “OK”.
- On the Google Apps account setup screen, enter your email address again and then tap “Next”.
- On the final screen, you will be prompted to choose between in-house Gmail or 1and1 accounts. Select your desired account and tap “Finish” when done (or restart your phone if changes are not completed).
- You will be asked to verify your account by entering your username and password. Enter the correct username and password and tap “Verify”.
- That’s it! You should now have a 1&1 address for your iPhone
Outgoing Email Server Details
Once you have established 1and1 email for your iPhone, you need to memorize your email address and password because you are frequently going to use these login credentials for different operations and other tasks. For setting up outgoing email, here are the outgoing email server details:
Username: The full email address of your IONOS email account
Password: The password you entered when setting up the IONOS email address
SSL encryption is automatically configured with the email in the background so you don’t need to do anything manually for the encryption. You can also recheck the SSL activation after the email account setup. The integration of 1and1 email will reduce the manual steps. Depending upon the iOS version of your phone, there might be slight changes but the overall idea of the process will remain the same.
If you have followed all of these steps, you must have successfully set up 1and1 email for your iPhone. After the complete process, you will receive your 1&1 emails on your iPhone from now on.
Maybe you are interested in