Your internet connection is so slow, and you don’t know how to increase download speed in Chrome? In this article, you can learn some helpful tips on this task.
Google Chrome is among the most popular browsers nowadays. However, it has numerous problems with browsing and downloading speed. That’s why you need to know how to increase download speed in Chrome.
We will discuss some key points to uncover how to tackle this task. So let’s get started, and hopefully, by the end of this post, you’ll be able to boost your browser performance.
How To Increase Download Speed In Chrome? A Detailed Guide
Through 11 the methods below, we will help you increase Chrome download speed.
Set Up Parallel Downloading
The parallel download option is the first solution to tackle the task on how to make Google Chrome download faster. It can speed up the overall down process. Before you start activating the parallel download feature, make sure to get the latest version of Chrome. You can enable this feature through the steps below:
- Launch Google Chrome on your device.
- In the address bar, search for chrome://flags to open the Experimental feature website.
- Now that you type the words parallel downloading in the search field.
- Click the drop-down list next to the Parallel downloading part and select enabled.
- To apply this change, choose the Relaunch button, and your browser will restart.
You will notice a considerable increase in download speed after finishing this trick.
Enable Turbo Download Manager Extension
Turbo download manager is a prominent Chrome extension with built-in media and image file download capability. It attempts to deliver reliable downloading even on lower bandwidth of internet connections like 4G network.
Apart from boosting downloading speed, its feature allows you to:
- Download files from various sources simultaneously.
- Go on broken downloads.
- See a preview of the media file as it is downloading.
Uninstall SmartByte App On Dell Laptops
SmartByte is a pre-installed application on Dell desktops and laptops. This feature helps you get optimum internet connection as you are streaming movies, videos, and other content.
Some people may find SmartByte useful, whereas others actually complain that they begin to experience frequent freezing and slow downloading speed. Since this app is set to run in the background by default, it consumes a large amount of CPU and disk resources.
To get rid of this problem, you need to delete the SmartByte App from your laptop.
Tweak App And Browser Control
By these course of action below, you can turn off the apps and files checking to enhance the process of file fetching:
- Open Start menu.
- In the search box, search for Windows Security.
- Press the search results to open it.
- Press App & browser control feature.
- Turn Check apps and files off.
Change Advanced Chrome Settings
When you surf the website on PCs or laptops, you can request websites that do not collect your browsing data. The default of this feature is switched off.
By turning on this function, you might improve your download speed. However, it still depends on the response of websites.
Now we will instruct you on how to speed up Chrome downloads in 3 simple steps:
- Open Chrome.
- In the address bar, search for chrome://settings/.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose advanced.
- Turn on the “Do Not Track request” feature.
Block Chrome Background Run
Some programs and extensions may require the browser to remain alert to keep them going, like providing new email notifications or keeping a chat on the spot.
Consequently, even when you are not active on Chrome, it will go on running in the background of the system.
So how to increase download speed on Chrome? You should prevent Chrome from operating in the background by following this guide:
- Open Chrome.
- In the Chrome menu, choose Settings.
- Get to the bottom of the page and press advanced.
- Under the System field, beside the “Continue running background apps” section, press the toggle switch to turn the function on.
- Do the same with the “Use hardware acceleration” part.
- Finally, press “Relaunch” to restart Chrome.
Chrome will immediately restart, and downloading speed will improve much more.
Modify Network Settings
Changing network settings is another key point on how to make Chrome downloads faster. Now we will explain to you one of the easiest ways to access and modify it:
- Press the combination Window button + r to start Run.
- Type inetcpl.cpl in the bar and press OK to open Internet Properties.
- Then select the connections tab.
- Now, press LAN settings.
- At long last, check the box “Automatically detect settings.”
Disable Disused Extensions
Most browsers allow for extension installation that improves or changes website display. Sometimes, you don’t need to use those functions, and they may decelerate your Chrome.
To solve the issue about how to download faster on Chrome, we recommend disabling or removing them when you are through with them. Here are some tips on this task:
- Open Chrome.
- Choose settings in the up-right corner menu.
- Find the extensions section, and you will see a number of cards.
- Press the toggle switch and turn it into gray to disable unused extensions.
Use Save-Data: On
Save data is a good Chrome extension. It automatically activates data-savings mode on suitable sites. Get to the Extensions section and add Save data to your Chrome.
Deactivate Image Content
Another way to tackle the task on how to increase Chrome download speed is disabling image content.
Browsing the Internet without pictures could be somewhat annoying. But it is a must if you want a faster loading speed.
Now we will show you step-by-step instruction on how to block the display of images:
- Launch Chrome.
- Write chrome://settings/ in the address bar and then press enter.
- Open Advanced at the bottom of the page.
- Find and press content settings.
- Then in the images section, tick the “Do no show any images” option and click Done.
Delete Browsing Data Frequently
Browsing data such as caches, cookies, or history may slow down your system. It would be best if you cleared them regularly once a week. To do this trick, go to Settings → History → Clear browsing data.
We have guided you through how to increase download speed in Chrome. Hopefully, with this article, you can boost downloading performance and have the best experience online.