Wondering how to fix USB device not recognized issue in Windows 10? This article will explain to you ways to do it in detail. Let’s kick right in!
UBS is an important and easy-to-use tool, as all you need to do is connect it with your laptop. But what if USB does not work in Windows 10? How to fix USB device not recognized Issue In Windows 10 then? We will help you solve this question in today’s article. However, let’s start with the causes of this problem in our first part!
What Causes USB Device Not Recognized Error?
There are many reasons for Windows 10 not recognizing USB issues. The common cause if something goes wrong with the hardware drivers. It could be that the USB port is broken. Some users apply the wrong file system, which causes their external drive to crash. There are possibilities of this issue when you use this item:
- The device is malfunctioned, leading to the fact that the computer can’t recognize it.
- The drive is not loaded properly
- The USB device is unable to recognize Windows 10
- It is impossible to define the drive
To solve the Windows 10 USB device not recognized problem, let’s move to our next part of this article.
How To Fix USB Device Not Recognized Issue In Windows 10-Detailed Guides
After defining the reasons, below are methods that you can do to fix when Windows 10 doesn’t recognize USB.
Rebooting Your PC
When a USB device not recognized Windows 10 keeps popping up on your screen. We suggest users reboot their desktops. This restarting process will simply remove the whole problem. After that, plug in the external drive to see if it gets fixed.
Reinstalling Your External USB Driver
Suppose you are facing Windows 10 USB not recognized issue, probably something corrupted within your external drive. Therefore, you should set it up again. To do so, follow our steps below:
- Unplug your USB device from your desktop before heading to the searching box; look for Device Manager.
Searching for Device Manager
- Choose Disk Drives, then click on the right side of the mouse on the USB driver. Uninstall it!
Uninstall the USB device
- After that, select Action before choosing Scan for hardware changes. The program will automatically install again on your PCs.
- Finally, plug in your USB again to see if the problem still occurs.
Updating Your Computer Driver
Among the reasons for the USB not detected Windows 10 problem, outdated drivers are also a concern to users. Thus, this method aims to instruct you to upgrade the PC driver in detail:
- Open the search box, and look for Device Manager.
Looking for Device Manager
- In case you see the popup messages such as “Unidentified USB device” or “Unknown Device,” don’t panic! Click on the right side of the driver and upgrade it.
Updating the Driver Software
- Now, check to see whether the USB device can connect with your desktop.
Disconnecting Any Other Removable Disk To Avoid Conflict
Another cause for USB not recognized Windows 10 problem is utilizing multiple USB connections. Although it is convenient for work, it increases the possibility of corruption between USB devices. Our advice is to use a single USB device at a time to avoid any collision.
Scanning For Hardware Changes
We would guide you on scanning for hardware changes to repair USB device not recognized Windows 10 issues with this method. All you have to do is following the below steps:
- Go to the Device Manager section through the Control Panel
- On the newly opened Window, define the drive that you need to work on.
- Under the Action section, select Scan for hardware changes
And you might see the update for hardware occur; just get along and adjust it.
Scanning for hardware changes
Using Hotfix Program
Applying the Hotfix program is not a bad idea to fix USB device not detected Windows 10. This is a troubleshooting tool compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 2012 operating systems. With this method, you are required to spend a bit of time on the following step:
- Download the Hotfix program
Downloading the Hotfix program
- On the newly appeared account, select Continue before choosing the Yes option. Don’t forget to press the Accept button of the license agreement.
- A new Windows will show up on your screen, fill in the information and check on the box next to Windows 8 RTM as in the photo below.
Fill in the necessary information!
- Last but not least, don’t forget to check the confirmation in your email.
Disabling USB Selective Suspend Setting
The USB selective suspend setting sometimes leads to the problem as well. Therefore, you should have a glance at this feature:
- Go to Power options through Control Panels
- Select Change plan settings
Changing plan settings
- Next, choose Change advanced power settings. Then enlarge the USB selective suspend setting option.
Changing advanced power settings
- Following that, press on Plugged in to change it to the disabled option.
Change the USB settings features.
- Finally, head to the Ok button to save the changes. Now, you can check whether the issue has disappeared.
Installing The Motherboard Chipset Drivers
Our last suggestion for you today is to set up the motherboard chipset drivers. Before going to fix the issue, you will have to implement the upcoming steps:
- Search for the motherboard manufacturer name
- Go to this manufacturer’s official website. There, look for a compatible driver.
- Install this new driver on your PC
However, if you need further assistance, contact the manufacturer directly for the best assistant!
The Bottom Line!
Hopefully, you have read our article from top to bottom. And no more questions like how to fix USB device not recognized issue in Windows 10 error. If you have tried all of our above methods, but things seem not to work well, it is time for you to have a new USB device. In case you still have another question, don’t hesitate to leave us a message! Have a great time reading!
Maybe you are interested in