You suddenly have the generic PnP monitor trouble? How can you fix it immediately? Let’s follow the article below to discover the easy-to-employ solutions.
What should you do if you suddenly get a generic PnP monitor Asus issue?
Does this issue cause harmful effects to your system?
How can you solve it as soon as you can?
Let’s scroll down our article to figure out the best and easiest methods for fixing the trouble with generic PnP monitor.
Brief Information About Generic PnP Monitor On Windows 10
What is generic PnP monitor? Why does this issue happen on your computer? Here, let us explain to you briefly.
Plug and Play (or PnP in short) is the part of Windows that allows the computer system to quickly adapt to hardware changes without installing any driver.
So, when the operating system can’t recognize the external device you plug in, such as a USB device or HDMI cable, it puts a generic monitor driver on your system.
However, sometimes the driver can’t handle the problem with PnP devices properly, leading to a generic PnP monitor.
Besides, there are some other possible causes for your issue, such as outdated display drivers or upgrading Windows OS to Windows 10.
So, how to solve this issue quickly and effortlessly? Let’s follow the parts to discover several methods to select and apply based on your situation.
How To Solve The Generic PnP Monitor Issue Within Minutes?
Method 1: Check for Windows Updates
First, let’s start with the easiest solution for your issue: checking your Window Updates. The Windows update version can fix many bugs and errors in Windows 10.
Hence, it would be best to go to Settings and check for the latest updates if you discover any pending updates, download and install them right away as this could solve your issue with monitor drivers Windows 10 with ease.
Let’s go to Settings and install the latest Windows updates.
Method 2: Update The Driver
If an improper driver causes your issue, you only need to update the driver to solve the issue. Here are the steps to do that.
- Step 1: Press the Windows + X key to expand the options, then left-click “Device Manager.”
Another way is to press on the magnifying glass symbol, and type the keyword “Device Manager” to open the Device Manager window.
Search for the Device Manager and click on it
Choose the “Update Driver” from the pop-up box.
- Step 3: Choose the first option to look for the latest driver software and allow the generic PnP monitor driver download.
Go for the first selection in the pop-up window to update the driver software.
- Step 4: Start your computer again after the driver-installing process completes. In case the process wasn’t successful, follow the steps below.
- Step 5: Choose the second choice from the window in step 3, and look for a compatible driver from the available drivers on your device.
Left-click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- Step 6: View the compatible devices, then select another compatible model or a generic non-PnP monitor. After that, click “Next” to install it.
Select the suitable device driver for installing
- Step 7: Get your device restarted after the installing process.
Method 3: Upgrade Display Driver
Improper graphics driver can also lead to monitor issues. Hence, we will show you how to update your graphics driver so that later you can address issues with the monitor.
- Step 1: Press the Windows + X key, then click on “Device Manager.”
Find “Device Manager” and open its window.
- Step 2: Select “Display Adapters” to expand its options. After that, right-click on your graphics driver and choose to update it.
Right-click on your graphics card and select “Update Driver.”
- Step 3: Choose the first option on the dialog box that has just popped up. In this way, the system will automatically look for, download, and install the latest driver software.
Go for “Search automatically for updated driver software,” and the system will install the driver immediately.
- Step 4: Restart your device as soon as the system completes the installation process.
Method 4: Remove The Current Driver From Your Device
Another method to fix Generic PnP Monitor problem on Windows 10 is to roll back the driver. Let us show you how to deploy this method.
- Step 1: Search for “Device Manager” by pressing Windows + X key. Then, click on it to open the Device Manager pop-up box.
Search for the Device Manager and open its window
- Step 2: Choose the “Monitors”, then right-click on the “Generic PnP Monitor” to open the pop-up menu. From that menu, choose “Uninstall device” instead of the “Update Driver.”
Select “Uninstall device” from the pop-up box
- Step 3: Confirm you want to remove the driver from your system.
Confirm your request by clicking on “Uninstall.”
- Step 4: Press on the window-and-magnifying-glass-symbol to have a quick look through hardware changes.
Carefully look through hardware changes
Once you complete the above process, the system will accept the has-just-installed monitor and recognize it as the real monitor rather than the generic PnP monitor.
Method 5: Use the System File Checker
Another method to fix generic PnP monitor is to use the System File Checker.
- Step 1: Use the system search tool to search for “Command Prompt.” After right-clicking on it, choose the first choice from the pop-up menu.
Use the system search tool to search for “Command Prompt.”
- Step 2: Type the “sfc /scannow” command in the Command Prompt box and enter to run the command.
- Step 3: Let the System File Checker scan, find and solve the issues for a couple of minutes. Then, you have your problems without breaking a sweat.
Method 6: Unplug And Reconnect Monitor
In case you struggle with generic PnP monitor driver problems while working on your desktop, try out the following solution.
- Step 1: Switch off the monitor as well as your smart device.
- Step 2: Unplug the monitor’s power cord and wait for around a quarter of an hour.
- Step 3: Remove the cable from the CPU (Central processing unit) for around 3 minutes.
- Step 4: Plug in the video cable and power cable to the desktop.
- Step 5: Start your device again and check if the issue has been solved.
Here are several methods that help you get a generic non-PnP monitor fix within minutes. Let’s pick a suitable solution based on your situation and try it right away!If you still have any further questions about the generic PnP monitor or want to share another solution for this issue, feel free to leave your comment. We always love to hear more from you.
Maybe you are interested in