Wondering how to fix PDF document not opening in Chrome Browser? Our article today will walk you through the solutions in detail! Let’s kick right in!
Since the birth of PDF, it has become a preferred reading format for many Internet users. The great features we love about this format are its beautiful design, clarity, and flexibility to be opened on any device. However, a minority of readers have faced the problem with the Chrome browser as they can’t read the file. In today’s article, we will guide you on how to fix PDF document not opening in Chrome Browser. Let’s scroll down to read!
PDF Document Not Opening In Chrome
Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers at the moment. Its popularity comes from its positive features during use time. However, the problem arose when Chrome started using its own PDF viewer: PDF won’t open in Chrome.
In other words, the fact appears when you try to view the PDF files on this browser. This can be explained either by content loading problems or scrolling issues. To fix it, let’s move to our second part of the article.
How To Fix PDF Document Not Opening In Chrome Browser – Details Guide
Here, we will walk you through two methods of how to fix PDFs not opening in Chrome error. Let’s have a closer look one by one!
When you see PDF not loading in Chrome, there might be something collided inside the browser settings. Therefore, the first method we would suggest you is to check the PDF viewer within this tool.
- Step 1: Run the Chrome Browser.
- Step 2: Head to the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand angle of the browser screen. Select the Settings option.
- Step 3: In the new screen, choose the Privacy and Security section. On the right side of the window, press the arrow of the Site settings option.
- Step 4: In the newly opened window, choose Additional document settings before finding PDF documents.
- Step 5: Turn off the slider as in the below photo:
Finally, check whether the error PDF not opening in Chrome gets fixed.
When you can’t open PDF in Chrome by method 1, you can try to update the browser by following our steps below:
- Step 1: Run Chrome Browser and click on the three dots at the top right-hand angle of the screen.
- Step 2: Select the Help section before heading on the About Google Chrome option on the left side.
A new window will open on your screen. And all you have to do now is to move to step 3.
- Step 3: Relaunch Google Chrome for the updates to get saved.
Check whether Chrome not opening PDF error still exists. Otherwise, your problem gets fixed completely.
The Bottom Line!
It is undeniable that PDF format brings many conveniences to our work instead of negative sides. And for those who are using Chrome Browser, this issue might occur at any time. Hopefully, this article has brought you an overview of the error. Also, we believe that you can fix PDF document not opening in Chrome Browser error by yourselves now. Good luck!
Maybe you are interested in