Are you confused when seeing “media disconnected” related to windows 10 ipconfig media disconnected in the command prompt? Why don’t you seek help from this instruction? Here we will provide you with detailed information on how to fix Media disconnected Windows 10. The solution is much more simple and easier as you thought. Let’s get right into this post to check out important info.
Checking Media Disconnected Error
First of all, you must check for the error notification before finding the solving solution. Please follow these steps:
- Click on Start, add “Command prompt” in the search bar, then press Enter.
- After the cmd.exe screen opens, enter “ipconfig /all.”
- Subsequently, a list of network adapter information will appear on the computer screen.
- You will find out an option displayed as “Media State,” showing the status “Media Disconnected.”
After that, let’s move to the next section as we will discuss how to solve the issue of local area connection media disconnected Windows 10.
How To Deal With Media Disconnected Error?
Method 1: Power-cycle the system, modem, and router
The wireless LAN adapter media disconnected from time to time, and it was unable to obtain an Internet Protocol address from the adapter. To fix the problem, you must reboot the machine. Follow these steps:
1. Turn off your adapter, modem, and computer.
2. Turn on the CPU and wait until all of the lights have turned on and stopped flashing.
3. Turn on the adapter and wait for all of the lights to turn on.
4. Test your internet connection on any computer besides your Windows system (your phone) by connecting it to your adapter. If the answer is yes, move on to the following steps.
5. Turn on the computing system, then let it collect the IP.
This method is the best solution in this guideline, as it usually helps you solve the issue. Otherwise, try the next solutions.
Method 2: Disable Sharing of Network
A lot of people fix Media disconnected error message on Windows 10 by disabling sharing of the network, and it often works out well for them.
Here are four steps you can follow:
1. From your keyboard, press the Windows key and R key at the same time to access the Run.
2. Type ncpa.cpl into the box, then click OK.
3. Double click your network connection that has the issue, then choose Properties.
4. Right-click the sharing tab, and make sure that the box “Allow other networks users to connect…” option is unchosen. After that, click OK and restart the computer.
Method 3: Reset WINSOCK and IP Stack
1. Type cmd in the Windows search box and double click Command Prompt figure. Following this, choose Run as administrator.
2. Type or copy and paste the following command one by one into Command Prompt and press Enter.
Winsock entries will be reset.
The IPv4 TCP/IP stack will be reset.
The IPv6 TCP/IP stack will be reset.
3. Write exit and then press Enter to exit Command Prompt.
4. Restart the computer.
Now, you will be able to see the ipconfig media disconnected disappearing, and you can run it in Command Prompt. If so, that’s fantastic! Don’t stress if you don’t, as there are still some alternatives.
Method 4: Check if the Network adapter is enabled
In case your network connector is disabled, the wifi media disconnected error message will most likely appear when you run the order. In this situation, you must allow your network adapters for your network to function properly.
To be more specific, there are three main steps:
1. To open the Network connections window, press the Windows key and R key simultaneously.
2. Type “ncpa.cpl” and then press Enter.
3. Double click the network adapter that provides you the error and then check whether the initial option is Disable or Enable.
If it appears Enable, that means the adapter got disabled. If you see Disable, the adapter is already enabled. If you see Disable, let’s enable it and restart the computer.
Method 5: Reset IP/TCP
1. Write the cmd.exe in the search bar. After that, double click on the cmd.exe icon, and choose Run.
2. Write the command below and then press Enter:
3. Restart the computer.
Method 6: Run the Network troubleshooter
The troubleshooter is an underlying Windows application that allows you to search for and resolve hardware problems on your device. If the Media Disconnected problem persists, you can utilize the network troubleshooter to resolve it.
1. Right-click on the Start button, and then open the Settings page.
2. Moving on to Updates and security and choosing the Troubleshoot tab.
3. Choose the Network adapter troubleshooter, follow the instructions in it, and then run.
If all of these above methods still do not work out your problem, continue to scroll down for the last ultimate solution!
Method 7: Network restart
1. In order to open the settings window, select Start and choose the gear-like figure.
3. Moving to the Network and Internet, then press Status.
3. Select on the Network reset, then follow the guideline to restart the network.
4. After all, restart the computer, and you‘ve successfully fixed the issue.
A Guide On Media Disconnected Error For Windows 10: Conclusion
Overall, media device disconnected are unavoidable while using Windows 10. It is extremely important to understand several solutions to deal with it. As we’ve mentioned above, please make sure that you’ve double-checked the wireless adapter to see whether the error comes from a real connection issue or not.
We hope to provide enough information that you are looking for and quickly choose the most suitable method with the instruction on how to fix media disconnected error message. Thank you for reading, and see you in our next post!